Assistant Project Manager / Project Analyst
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Anonymous
* In the absence of the PM, delegated authority to lead in setting and agreeing direction with senior management of other functions on behalf of the project.
* Integrate all functions to identify, manage and support the resolution of project specific issues, to enable the achievement of programme objectives.
* Manage project scope to ensure that all aspects are fully defined to ensure customer requirements are achieved as well as ensuring the accurate recording and reporting of progress of planned targets for budget, schedule and quality.
* Utilise planning and scheduling skills, ensuring the complex activities of interrelated project teams are controlled, coordinated and linked into the overall project plan.
* Manage assigned cost accounts to ensure completion to planned targets for budget, schedule and quality.
* Support the management and review of the project Estimate at Completion (EAC)
* Support and co-ordinate the quarterly look ahead (QLA) process and stakeholder input.
* Coordinate any change applicable to the project & continually deliver improvement across the business.
* Manage the risks / opportunities that develop during the project within their area
* Coordinate the collation, documentation and transfer of project LFE (Learning From Experience).
* Broad knowledge and understanding of Business and project.
* Comprehensive Project Management (PM) experience demonstrated in a professional role within a Business or project.
* Comprehensive understanding of a range of PM methodologies and toolsets.
* Broad knowledge and experience of PM governance and assurance processes.
* Experience of influencing internal and external stakeholders.
* Ability to capture, evaluate and share good practice.
* Broad understanding of Business, project, its markets, customers, strategic priorities.
* Experience of building relationships and negotiating outcomes with stakeholders.
* Broad understanding of the wider PM environment, and of developments and practices in the field.
* Broad understanding of the team structure, organisation, processes, Business or project, so as to be able to implement appropriate PM approaches.
* Good understanding of how the team integrates with other teams in order to achieve objectives.
* Responsible for the development and implementation of appropriately tailored PM practices.
* May have supervisory responsibilities for a small team and provides information/technical guidance to team members.
* Responsible for coaching members of the team, monitoring their quality of work and contributing to performance management.
* Share good practice with others in the application of PM methodologies and toolsets.
Problem Solving Knowledge:
* Applies problem solving techniques to situations of moderate complexity.
* Gathers and analyses information. Develops and implement solutions.
* Problem solving may apply in an existing business environment and also in a new business environment.
* Makes judgments, recommendations and acts upon analysis of factual information.
Your Impact On the Business:
* Direct impact on project outcome.
* Direct impact on performance of local team.
* Direct impact through providing services/information on matters that assist others in making decisions.
* Work is typically within standardised processes/procedure, accuracy of tasks is impactful.
* Controls budget, resources, scope and schedule for local team.
* Impact on project by influencing decisions through advice and counsel.
* Impacts directly on the project, having responsibility for the effectiveness of most aspects of the PM processes.
* Impact may be wider than own team and other related teams.
* Influencing skills required in order to achieve optimum solutions with the wider team and other functions/disciplines.
* Will be required to lead and motivate the local team.
* Developed communication skills to exchange complicated/complex information.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy