RN Registered Nurse Unit Based - Stepdown Intermediate Care Unit (Card
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
RN-Unit Based - Stepdown Intermediate Care 001 - PRN,Rotating - Ascension Providence Hospital, Novi Campus - 34015 - Novi,MI
Work 24 hours a month with one shift being on weekend.
RN-Cardiac Stepdown Intermediate Care Unit (Cardiac Specialty) : This 19-bed telemetry unit provides specialized care to patients of varying cardiac diagnoses, including post AMI, CHF, unstable angina and post PTCA/Stent. Treatment includes continuous cardiac monitoring, treatment of arrhythmias, temporary and permanent pacing, and pulmonary support. A focus on relationship-based care combined with advanced medical surgical nursing allows us to care for the changing needs of these patients throughout their stay.
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in a diverse healthcare environment in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Compliant to all job responsibilities identified in the RN job.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- 6 months of related experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)