Community Fundraising Manager
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Sue Ryder
Wheatfields Hospice, Leeds
£34,500.00 per annum plus benefits
Are you an experienced Community Fundraiser looking for your next challenge? Do you have the ability to network and engage a local audience to deliver increased community fundraising for Wheatfields Hospice as our new Community Fundraising Manager?
At the heart of this role is the delivery of a growth in income through our hospice supporter led fundraising strategy, but you will also lead on key projects and provide support and mentoring to more junior team members. You will proactively seek out fundraising opportunities within your geographical patch and drive increases in income. You will be an important part of our efficient and dynamic team, smashing fundraising targets. No two days are the same and this is a great opportunity to develop your skills in a senior fundraising role adding direct value to incredible work we do.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with the following skills and experience:
• Extensive fundraising experience and expertise in Community Fundraising including supporter led income
• A track record of achieving fundraising growth and delivering income
• Experience of the recruitment, management and strategic use of fundraising volunteers
• Substantial experience of forming, nurturing and maintaining relationships within local communities including individuals, businesses and groups and associations to deliver growth in income
• An excellent networker, capable of developing relationships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
• A very strong performance ethic, driven and motivated towards the achievement of targets
• Ability to engender a pro-active team culture
Wheatfields is a Sue Ryder hospice, based in Leeds. We're here for people aged 18 and over who are living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease. We offer a range of support to patients and their families including inpatient care in our 18 bed hospice, care in people's own homes through our Community Nurse Specialists, a day service for those with long-term conditions and bereavement services for family and friends who have lost a loved one.
**Competitive Employee Benefits**
Company pension scheme, 25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays, option to buy and sell up to five days holiday, Life Assurance, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, paid mileage, enhanced sick pay, cash referral bonus scheme, corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services, staff discount of 15% on new goods online, salary sacrifice car scheme, online wellbeing centre, free will writing service, staff finance loans, carers leave policy and lots more.
Sue Ryder provides hospice and neurological care for people facing a frightening, life changing diagnosis. We do whatever we can to be a safety net for our patients and their loved ones at the most difficult time of their lives. We see the person, not the condition.
Woking & Sam Beare Hospices
John Taylor Hospice Charity