Volunteer Network Project Manager - Species Recovery
Posted on Sep 24, 2022 by CHM Recruit
Species Recovery Volunteer Network Project Manager
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £28,420.00 - £31,529.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance and Annual Leave
This leading nature Conservation Charity is looking for an enthusiastic and organised individual with a passion for working with people, to manage their Species Recovery Volunteer Network. This project will increase the charity's volunteer capacity to sustainably monitor, protect and advocate for the most threatened species in the UK.
What's the role about?
This role is responsible for the day-to-day project management of the Species Recovery Volunteer Network. You will monitor progress towards strategic targets, manage risks and issues and produce reporting documents. Key stakeholders will be kept informed and involved, including reporting to the Project Board. Motivating teams to work towards a common goal, you'll facilitate networking and knowledge sharing between species projects and promote the work of teams internally and externally.
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a project through standard project management approach
- Experience in delivering a number of projects
- Demonstrable ability to manage changes within projects
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances
- Demonstrable leadership ability, able to lead without line management authority
- An ability to persuade and influence a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- An ability to produce clear written communications
- Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Logical & methodical, analytical and a good eye for detail
- Proven time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to understand financial systems
- Knowledge / experience of working with volunteers
- Knowledge/ experience of community engagement
- This is a permanent, full-time role for 37.5 hours per week.
- The location of this role is flexible and can be home or office based or a combination of both (where one of this organisation's nearby office allows).
- You will be responsible for the direct line management of two project officers, currently based in England and Northern Ireland.
- Line management of the post will be from the charity's Scotland Headquarters in Edinburgh.
Closing date: 23:59, Wednesday 12th October 2022
They are looking to conduct interviews for this position Wednesday 19th to Friday 21st October 2022.
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application for this position.
This charity is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
As part of this process you will need to show your Right to Work documentation before appointment.
No agencies please.