Change Management Senior Manager
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by PWC-1
Who we are looking for
Our Consulting business specialises in supporting organisations to manage a variety of programmes ranging from large scale transformation programmes to more focused and discrete projects.
We work with our clients in a range of industries to support major transformation programmes. A key part of our growth strategy is to support clients deliver technology enabled change. We work closely with our colleagues across Consulting, and particularly in Technology to deliver change from strategy through to execution. The dynamic nature of our market is such that a range of factors are driving organisations to change, be that, responding to changes in regulation/legislation, cost reduction, implementing new operating models, (more customer centric) and utilising digital to enable service delivery.
This requires a team of skilled change management practitioners with experience of applying change management tools and techniques in a variety of client situations ranging from large scale transformation programmes involving multiple functions, sites and geographies, to more focused and discrete change projects. Our globally accredited "people centric change approach" is truly differentiating in the market and is already having a positive impact on our ability to deliver sustainable value for our clients.
To be effective, change management consultants need to be able to take an analytical approach to understanding how an organisation works in practice, whilst being sensitive to the change impacts, gaining buy in and driving behavioural change through the adoption of new ways of working. They see the "big picture" for the changes and appreciate the need to align leaders, consider the culture and behaviours needed to drive the changes through the organisation, and importantly make the change personal.
They may have a background in strategy, process, HR, or change management and will have experience working on and delivering major organisational changes, including technology enabled change.
About the role
Key responsibilities will include
- Utilising your knowledge and experience to identify potential opportunities for PwC support, either through sell-ons from existing projects/programmes or spotting new opportunities, working with the senior leaders to qualify and define the opportunity and preparing proposals/rfps that are successful in winning work.
- Scoping, defining and leading end to end complex change programmes involving understanding the organisational implications of strategy through to design and implementation, working closely with client management and other PwC specialists (e.g. technical specialists, organisation design, learning and training, capability and performance management).
- Leveraging your expertise to scope and plan the development of the change strategy and execution for project and programme plans with a strong emphasis on interdependencies with other programme workstreams e.g. technology, operating model, process and system design.
- Designing and conducting interviews, workshops and analysing organisation documents and data in the early phases of a programme to help develop a clear understanding of the previous and current change capability, successes, opportunities and risks, using this to refine the change strategy and approach.
- Lead the delivery of change strategies and interventions across complex projects/programmes, using real time data to iterate the approach. For example, using change readiness metrics to prioritise activity, and change engagement data to develop targeted communications for client staff, deliver face to face workshops, etc.
- Being accountable for project/programme commercials, e.g. tracking time/budget, managing delivery risks and resourcing, approving expenses, raising invoices, etc
- Managing cross-competency teams creating high performing teams and ensuring performance and individual development objectives are set, monitored and regular feedback is provided.
- Identifying strategic and operational implementation challenges at the outset, defining mitigating actions and preparing clients for the pragmatic delivery of the changes and new ways of working
- Leading the continuous improvement of our people centric change approach and assisting with development of the digital landscape and people and organisation services offered and the tools that support these
- Understanding and experience of applying the system development lifecycle from a change management perspective
- Ability to develop close and trusted working relationships with senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Experience of the end to end change management lifecycle (Strategy to execution to results) across complex multi-change projects and programmes.
- Experience leading and delivering cross-business/cross territory change engagements e.g. across single/multiple sites, functions and/or geographies.
- Experience leading change technology projects/programmes (for e.g SAP, Oracle, Salesforce) or cloud based solutions
- Ability to lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in developing and facilitating workshops with senior client staff.
- Experience applying change management approaches, tools and methods, e.g. defining the vision and case for change, leadership alignment, behaviour and culture change, stakeholder engagement and communications, change impact, change agent networks, digital tools, training, role mapping, managing the benefits realisation process, etc
- Proficient with Google sheets, docs and slides.
- Experience in business development
- Experience and application of data analytics from a change management perspective
- Financially literate with degree level education
- Wider People & Change and Operational experience in at least two of the following disciplines
- Strategy development and implementation
- Organisation design
- Talent management
- Human Resources and Employee Relations
- Operations excellence/Lean
- Digital services
- Experience of working in large private and/or public sector clients.
- Further personal/ industry qualifications such as ACA, CIMA or MBA
- Understanding of the use of data analytics and visualisation techniques
- Experience working in professional services/consulting
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.