Non-Audit Assurance Manager - Asset & Wealth Management
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by PWC-1
Our non-audit assurance team provides services related to enhancing the trust and transparency within non-financial reporting as well as providing ad-hoc assurance and advisory services in areas including Governance, Risk and Control. Within PwC, we are called PwC's Trust & Transparency Solutions (TTS).
This role will see you working on a variety of challenging, career-advancing risk, controls and non-audit assurance assignments. You will work with a wide range of asset and wealth management clients, from boutique asset managers to world-leading global organisations as well as organisations in the alternatives space such as Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure and Hedge Funds. You'll be constantly learning and your ideas will be welcomed in an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork. In your role you will help grow the business, whilst working with Senior Managers, Directors and Partners to supervise and coach teams.
This requires an understanding of an organisation's objectives, risks, risk management priorities, regulatory environment, and the diverse needs of critical stakeholders. In particular, the ability to gain a detailed understanding of our client's customer requirements and apply this to non-financial assurance standards.
We bring the right mix of assurance experience, industry-specific knowledge and highly technical specialised skill sets to bear on a client's risk and control, compliance and reporting functions. Our approach provides flexibility with the right knowledge to deliver relevant and focused results. We provide a full range of assurance services which include pre-assurance assessments and controls reporting to such standards such as ISAE 3000, ISAE 3402, AAF 01/06 and SOC2, performance reporting such as GIPS, Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (CSR) reporting as well as assignments of a more consultative nature.
Trust and transparency alongside the corresponding risk, governance and internal control have never been higher on the boardroom agenda as it faces growing pressure from stakeholders. TTS plays a critical role in the corporate governance framework by providing independent assurance that protects the business against risk, informs strategic decision making and improves overall performance.
- Understanding complex client processes to provide advice and help develop non-audit assurance solutions to meet client needs and issues.
- Planning and delivering non-financial assurance assignments and other similar reviews of a diverse range of governance, risk, regulatory, operational and financial activities, within set deadlines.
- Working with and managing expectations of client stakeholders across a number of functions within our clients
- Managing project teams to deliver solutions including scoping, testing, and reporting to provide the required level of transparency and confidence to key stakeholders.
- Taking ownership of senior client relationships, leading conversations to maximise opportunities and cross-selling where appropriate. Developing and supporting new opportunities, identifying and developing opportunities within risk advisory / non-audit assurance.
- Taking a role in leading and coaching junior staff.
- Building effective working relationships with clients.
- Building a network of industry contacts through attending external industry events and PwC hosted events.
- Conducting work in accordance with the relevant regulatory and PwC's Quality Assurance standards.
- Controls Reporting: Provide independent advise or assurance on clients' internal & outsourced controls.
- Performance Reporting: Provide assurance and advise over Track Record or GIPS compliance.
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (CSR): Provide internal and external stakeholders with comfort over a client's corporate responsibility and sustainability measures.
- Regulatory Assurance: Work with clients to help them report with confidence to stakeholders on their compliance.
- Solid experience in a similar role within financial services or professional services a passion for Governance, Risk & Control.
- Experience gained in non-financial assurance along with experience in relevant assurance standards to include ISAE 3000, ISAE 3402, AAF 01/06 and SOC2.
- Experience of planning complex non-financial assurance engagements, risk and control identification and performing, reviewing and directing testing.
- Strong analytical and engagement management skills.
- The ability to lead and work effectively in different teams for varying periods of time, building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels.
- Experience in people management and leading and developing diverse teams.
- Testing of processes and controls such as review and recommend including the evaluation of design and operating effectiveness of controls.
- Your audit skills will be matched by an ability to create new initiatives, respond to change and be flexible in your approach to meeting team goals.
- Ability to challenge and escalate issues effectively.
- Ability to delegate tasks to more junior members of staff providing supervision and coaching.
- Writing skills to summarise work and report to senior management level.
- Client handling and relationship management skills.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Ability to work across multiple projects, prioritise and manage time effectively, along with a proactive
- approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.