Manager Tax Large Corporate Uxbridge
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by PWC-1
A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
About the team
A Corporate Tax Manager is required to work in the Uxbridge office as part of the South East Large Corporate tax team. This is a great opportunity to join an office with ambitious growth plans, working in a progressive and friendly environment. The successful candidate will join a team working on household names, providing technically stimulating advice.
About the role
You will be responsible for managing an established team and providing excellent quality advisory services to a high profile portfolio of both UK and multinational clients ranging in size from £50m - £20bn+ turnover.
Your responsibilities will predominantly be focussed on advisory work as tax compliance work is delivered from our compliance centre. The work is wide-ranging including major corporate transactions, cross-border structuring projects and providing domestic and international advice and some audit of tax work.
You must therefore have strong UK corporate tax knowledge, with experience of advising large companies on UK and international corporate tax issues. The role will also require someone with strong communication skills.
You should be interested in being an all-round business adviser who enjoys working closely with clients to provide them with pro-active innovative and commercial tax services.
As a Manager you will have the opportunity to work with experienced Senior Managers, Directors and Partners across the Southeast region. The team will provide you with the opportunity to put into practice your tax technical skills in a stimulating and challenging environment.
Duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Managing a client portfolio and reporting to the Uxbridge and wider South East based Partner / Director Group
- Managing and supervising project work delegated to junior staff and its delivery to the client.
- Managing the day to day client relationships supporting the Partner / Director Group in executing the Gatwick targeting plan
- Playing a key role in the technical and personal development of the Gatwick tax team.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2:1 degree or equivalent
- CTA or ACA qualified (or overseas equivalent) with 2-5 years' PQE or a fully trained Inspector of Taxes or Tax Lawyer with corporate tax experience.
- You will have gained UK corporate tax advisory experience, and experience of audit of tax is preferred.
- You will need a flexible approach to allow you to work as part of a number of client teams simultaneously.
- You will have experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and internally.
- You will need strong analytical skills and a proven ability to solve complex problems in a collaborative and creative way.
- You will have a focus on self-development
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we're one of the UK's leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here