Senior Associate Risk Assurance Performance Assurance South East
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by PWC-1
The South-East region Assurance business at PwC is one of the largest within the UK firm and a strategic priority for growth. And we're growing. Fast.
We provide external audit and risk assurance services to a broad range of clients, from large multinationals to tech start-ups, from six offices. Our clients are from an incredibly diverse mix of sectors; from engineering to financial services and gaming to pharmaceuticals. Our proximity to big business means that you'll get to work on some of the largest and most complex projects across the firm, whilst maintaining an unparalleled breadth of client experience.
All of our offices provide a supportive environment in which to grow and develop your skills. Outside of our client work, the offices have a great community and social programme. We pride ourselves on our community affairs activities from volunteering support and fundraising days. We have a lively and active social scene and numerous networks that you can involve yourself in.
In the South East we take very seriously the Firm's commitment to ensuring that you can maintain a healthy balance in your working life. A significant number of our staff are on formal flexible working patterns and all of us are able to demonstrate everyday flexibility in our working arrangements.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
About the Role
This role will see you working on a variety of challenging, career-advancing risk, controls and non-audit assurance assignments. You'll be constantly learning, and your ideas will be welcomed in an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork. In your role you will help grow the business, while yourself being responsible for supervising and coaching a team.
PwC's Performance Assurance team provides services related to enhancing the trust and transparency within non-financial reporting as well as providing ad hoc assurance services in similar areas including Governance, Risk and Control and Internal Audit.
This requires an understanding of an organisation's objectives, risks, risk management priorities, regulatory environment, and the diverse needs of critical stakeholders in particular the ability to gain a detailed understanding of our client's customer requirements and the application of these requirements to appropriate non-financial assurance standards.
PwC Performance Assurance professionals bring the right mix of assurance experience, industry-specific knowledge and highly technical specialised skill sets to bear on a client's risk and control, compliance and reporting functions. Our approach provides flexibility with the right knowledge to deliver relevant and focused results. We provide a full range of assurance services which include pre-assurance assessments and reporting to such standards such as ISAE3000, ISAE3402, AAF and SOC2 as well as assignments of a more consultative nature.
Trust and transparency alongside the corresponding risk, governance and internal control have never been higher on the boardroom agenda as the board faces growing pressure from stakeholders. Performance Assurance plays a critical role in the corporate governance framework by providing independent assurance that protects the business against risk, informs strategic decision making and improves overall performance.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience gained in Non- financial assurance along with experience in relevant assurance standards to include ISAE3000, 3402, AAF and SOC2.
- Experience of planning complex non-financial assurance engagements, risk and control identification and performing, reviewing and directing Audit testing.
- The ability to work effectively in different teams for varying periods of time, building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels.
- Experience of identifying and effectively reporting issues and recommendations for improvement to clients.
- Business/market development including experience of leading/involved with tenders/significant client pitches.
- Client handling and relationship management skills
- Ability to work across multiple projects, prioritise and manage time effectively, along with a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions.
- Versatility and agility to simultaneously work with a range of clients with differing challenges across a range of industries.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.