Business Risk and Control Lead Analyst
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
The Business Risk & Controls Lead Analyst will be responsible for leading and delivering across end-to-end components of regulatory and AML/KYC related initiatives which the business has direct or indirect ownership of. In addition, the Risk & Controls Lead Analyst will be responsible for proactively engaging and working with key business partners to strengthen controls, mitigating risks and driving all efforts to successful outcomes within committed timelines.
Detailed responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Critical day-to-day responsibilities covering Conflicts Committee Administration, MLO (Mortgage Loan Origination) Rule Monitoring & Reporting, and CPB North America Complaints Oversight, Management and Reporting.
- Partner with colleagues, O&T, ICRM and Business Managers on strategy / vision as well as lead the creation and execution of detailed plans
• Partner closely with technology groups to develop and execute short and long-term strategies that rely on systematic and automated solutions.
• Proactively participate in NAM management governance forums and regulatory exam management forums as required and develop corrective action plans relating to Matters Requiring Attention (MRA's) issued by regulators to Citi and/or CPB directly
• Review and challenge all relevant artifacts/evidence to ensure that the letter and spirit of the issues and corrective actions plans are met; ensure that any implementation is delivered on-time and is architected proficiently and in a streamlined manner with minimal to zero manual touch-points
• Participate in new exam activities - serve as liaison across 1st, 2nd and 3rd line of defense (Internal Audit, Compliance Testing, Ops Risk Management, Information Security) to ensure comprehension of current-state and appropriate response to potential issues and MRA's
• Participate in key Banker/Sales business & practice monitoring and control activities which includes production of various periodic management status reports, committees, etc. as required
• Lead the facilitation, coordination and resolution of efforts for the designated business lines via project planning, execution, and control for key NAM CPB and Risk initiatives as needed, in alignment with requirements and standards set by the centralized governance and oversight teams
• Work with stakeholders to ensure that project scope definition meets business objectives
Excellent time management and analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Execution oriented with strong attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills. Ability to present to senior levels of management and to facilitate discussions at the senior stakeholder level
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
• Ability to work under pressure, in sometimes ambiguous circumstances, and manage to tight deadlines or unanticipated changes in expectations or requirements
• Ability to work in a matrixes environment and partner with virtual teams
• Ability to lead strategic planning sessions challenging the status quo where appropriate and drive decision making process
• Experienced in consulting with project stakeholders, including the skills to facilitate cooperation and resolve conflicting requirements.
• Ability to build and foster internal relationships
• Proven track record in delivery of multiple parallel initiatives is essential
• Proven track record of operational process change and improvement is essential Business Risk and Control Lead Analyst