Manager IT Commercial Assurance Contract Governance lead
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by PWC-1
A career in our Commercial Assurance practice, within Risk Assurance Compliance and Analytics services, will provide you with the opportunity to assist clients in developing analytics and technology solutions that help them detect, monitor, and predict risk. Using advanced technology, we're able to focus on establishing the right controls, processes and structures for our clients to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information and assure that information provided to third parties is accurate, complete, and can be trusted.
Our team helps business leaders to identify savings opportunities, integrate process enhancements, provide knowledge transfer, and support ongoing assurance needed to sustain value across the contract lifecycle. We focus on managing contractual risk related to new commercial contracts, cost reduction initiatives, ongoing contract portfolio assessment, mergers & acquisitions, and contract exits.
The IT Commercial Assurance team helps organisations as they engage with third parties to deliver complex IT change programmes. Typically reporting to the CFO, sponsor or programme director on complex business / technology transformations, our team provides independent challenge and scrutiny over some of the most innovative and challenging technology enabled change programmes currently being undertaken in the UK.
We are looking for an experienced commercial lead who can provide assurance and third party risk advisory services to clients as they select, procure and manage technology product and service providers. They should have broad delivery experience, ideally have worked with / for large scale systems integrators and / or outsourcing companies, and have a good understanding of third party risk, contracting and supplier governance.
We align ourselves with other assurance capabilities as well as PwC Consulting to offer a seamless client advisory capability on major transformational projects, for implementing a new technology or in the context of a merger or divestiture.
The role will allow the right individual to progress rapidly through the firm and develop a broad set of skills and experiences that are highly valued by senior executives at our clients.
We are looking for a Technology delivery, contract and commercial manager, responsible for
- Acting as an integrator for clients to bring together commercial, procurement, legal, business, finance and technical stakeholders and expertise to deliver an optimal commercial outcome.
- Advising clients on best practice and industry experience in relation to contract construction, negotiation and commercial levers.
- Reviewing complex IT service / technology contracts (i.e. system integrators / outsourcing / licensing etc.) to identify and evaluate contract, commercial and project risks.
- Supporting, leading and coaching clients during IT contract negotiations.
- Actively identifying and pursuing new market opportunities in relation technology disruption and change.
- Co-ordinating subject matter expertise within PwC to ensure clients benefit from the full-service capability across the firm.
- Leading assurance reviews for clients seeking to understand risks and the effectiveness of processes and controls associated with third party relationships.
- Advising clients on best practice and industry standards in relation to commercial governance matters such as policies, processes and controls relating to sales/bidding activities, third party management.
- Managing projects to identify and evaluate risks associated with complex supplier relationships, such as outsourcing or transformational partners (i.e. systems integrators).
- Training and coaching team members in relation to audit and risk related issues.
The role is primarily client facing at a senior level in often time-pressured environments; whilst there is frequent scope to innovate, recommendations must be based upon clear commercial logic and a robust understanding of the client's unique circumstances and issues.
You will operate as part of a close-knit team and will benefit from constant interaction from senior team members, therefore the successful candidate will have a high capacity and appetite for ongoing learning and development.
Additional activities may include
- Giving and supporting industry presentations;
- Contributing and leading on business development activities;
- Contributing to thought-leadership; and,
- Co-ordinating training / preparing management information.
We are looking for individuals who have
- Previous experience working with or reviewing technology programmes, commercial contracts or third party relationships;
- Previous experience of the sales / procurement process and associated negotiation and contracting strategies; and,
- Previous experience or an understanding of business transformation programmes and outsourcing.
- Opportunity for working from home? Yes
- Amount of time client based - 95%
- Opportunity for job sharing? No
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home - Yes 40%
- Opportunity for flexible working? Yes
- Amount of time PwC office based 60%
Preferred experience / qualifications
- Relevant audit / internal audit qualification; or,
- GDL / LPC / BPTC post graduate qualification, or, a qualification which includes modules relating to contracts/contracting i.e. CIPS / ILEX; or,
- Successful track-record of leading sales / commercial management at tier 1 Systems Integrator / professional services firm.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.