Finance Manager -1yr FTC -Full time 08FTE
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by PWC-1
Internal Finance currently has an opportunity for a Manager in the Functions Business Decision Support (FBDS) team. FBDS provides decision-support services to the central functions, which have a combined cost base of £0.5bn and include Real Estate and Facilities Management, IT, Human Capital People teams, Sales and Marketing Team, Risk and Quality, Finance and UK based Global Functions.
The successful applicant will be responsible for financial management of one or more of the functional areas. This includes providing finance decision-support to the leadership team for the function. The role provides an opportunity to gain commercial insight into firmwide support costs and a shared service business model. The successful applicant will report to the Deputy Finance Leader for the function.
Internal Finance is led by the PwC Finance Partner and employs c.330 finance professionals who provide the following services across PwC financial accounting and control, management information, decision support, treasury, tax support and finance transaction processing.
- Project accounting & reporting support to Strategic projects
- Ad hoc financial accounting advice, as required
- Budgeting and forecasting, including 1) Planning i.e. scheduling, client communications, determining key assumptions, 2) Reviewing and challenging submissions, 3. Assisting in the preparation of budget packs for presentation to Functional and Internal Finance leadership
- Providing financial guidance, accounting support and regular and ad hoc management information to Functional and Internal Finance leadership
- Development of and ensuring compliance with financial and operating procedures
- Preparation of value-added financial analysis and commentary for your function, including explanations for major variances.
- Contributing to the wider Functions BDS team through cluster/team meetings.
The following skills are required for this role
Essential skills needed for the role
- A qualified accountant with experience at manager level in a similar role.
- A clear personal pride for delivering high quality services to clients, including the ability to consistently manage their expectations and anticipate their needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and influencing skills. 'Presence' and authority with the ability and confidence to challenge management where necessary and to work alongside management in a business partnering capacity.
- Strong interpersonal, people management and team working skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills and commercial awareness are essential. The ability to prepare and interpret financial information, isolate the core messages and communicate them effectively to both finance and non-finance specialists.
- Strong organisational skills, including multi-tasking and prioritising effectively.
- Being proactive in identifying, flagging and resolving potential issues or problems.
- The ability to initiate and manage change in an area which is constantly evolving to higher levels of efficiency.
- Flexibility to move between different functional areas and to take on project roles when the need arises
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Lifeline Recruitment Solutions