Indirect Tax Technology, Data Manager
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by PWC-1
We are looking for an ERP specialist with a focus on Indirect Tax
Due to unprecedented growth PwC is looking for a manager to help with the drive in its Technology business supporting the Indirect Tax Reporting & Strategy group across its consulting space.
With an unparalleled client base held by the team this opportunity represents a real tangible chance to work within a specialist team and help shape and build the business and team within our Indirect Tax Technology practice. You will be fully supported by the Tax Technology, Indirect Tax and the Tax Reporting & Strategy leadership teams in helping you achieve all your goals.
The candidates will ideally be based in Manchester or London but will be considered in any of our offices as you'll be working within our centre of excellence team that supports clients nationally and internationally.
About the role
Overall, we provide a full range of audit, tax and related financial advice to a portfolio of clients ranging from large plcs to small local businesses. The team is committed to providing pro-active tax, technology and business consultancy advice. As well as advising businesses of varying sizes, our clients operate across a diverse range of market sectors.
We are essentially a consulting business and little of our work is routine. Projects range from one-off initiatives providing bespoke solutions to specific problems, through to implementing global systems and advising countries that are introducing VAT systems for the first time. One thing is guaranteed: the indirect tax and tax reporting and strategy practices offer a wide variety of opportunities.
One of the core areas the team works in is ERP, other accounting information systems and tax engine reviews, implementations and the integration of indirect tax related software solutions and middleware into these.
We are looking for a candidate to enhance our team in this key area and the candidate will need to be able to demonstrate credible experience and skills in the systems space.
With a core technical solution level understanding of SAP and/or Oracle and/or a rounded appreciation of these and other ERP and accounting information systems - for example, MSDX and Workday Financials:
- Experience in the implementation and technical review of key financial and logistics modules and of methods of data extraction from a selection of these systems:
- For SAP - SD, MM & FI as core (including at the procedure, condition and sequence levels), GTS, Hana and tax related S/4 areas will be a benefit
- For Oracle - EBT, wider EBS and Inventory modules amongst others
- Workday Financials and MSDX or other primary financial systems
- The indirect tax determination engines (Onesource, Vertex, Avalara and Sovos)
Aside from this key area any the following are not essential but will also be an advantage:
- Experience of working in indirect tax (VAT and Duty and/or supply chain) accounting
- Experience of working from raw accounting data
- Able to communicate tax, data and technology concepts to non-specialists
- Experience of multi-territory indirect tax compliance
- Experience of:
- Producing requirements documentation
- Undertaking impact analysis and detailed design sessions with both developers and business teams
- Creating, reviewing and completing test cases
- Project management support
The candidate will be a self-starter, have a passion and drive to take this forward and be able to provide a technical centre of excellence as part of our team.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.