Cyber Security Engineer
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Systek (Systems Technologies)
The Cyber Security Engineer will design, implement and integrate cyber security architecture and framework for a satellite gateway network controller information system that is connected to multiple tactical and commercial satellites.
- Support project lead in the design, development, configuration, integration and test of SATCOM Transport controller with Information Assurance (IA) and Cyber Security focus.
- Work with senior staff members to secure the product from cyber-attack or electronic intrusion
- Provide IA cyber and security focused input in design of the transport controller
- Responsible for developing cross functional cyber security architecture and policy for the satellite system
- Development of scripts to support IA/Cyber testing in baseline, contested and congested environments
- Work closely with other SMEs from SATCOM Transport, Artificial Intelligence and Networking backgrounds
- Ability to write test plans and perform analysis of test results
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- At least 10+ years of hands on professional experience in related field
- Offensive cyber tools and techniques and defense mechanisms.
- Virtualization, hypervisors, and virtual switching.
- http/https, symmetric and asymetric keying, mathematic principles of cryptology.
- Routing protocols, packet schemes, and active directory.
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux (Redhat, Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS)
- Cyber management systems: Network Management systems (i.e. Solar winds), Host base security systems (HBSS), Intrusion detection and protection
- Encryption Methods: Type I, Type III, Suite A and Suite B
- Scripting languages (i.e. LabVIEW, Matlab, Python, Android)
- IDS/IPS systems and technology and analysis techniques.
- Firewalls, their rule sets, and trouble-shooting procedures.
- Hands-on operational experience dealing with cyber analysis and network operations.
- Strong knowledge in Cloud Computing, virtual machines, and container designs
- SysML and DoDAF documentation experience
- System engineering background, defining functionality requirement traceability
- Strong knowledge of Satellite communications and modems
- Strong knowledge of data networking
- Ability to write test plans and technical reports pertaining to the networking products
- Familiar with NSA certification requirements
- Familiar with DoD risk management framework (RMF) and able to apply to project
- At least 5+ years of System Engineering background
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Cyber Security related field
- CiEH (Certified ethical hacker)
- Active DoD Secret Clearance required with potential of TS/SC-I
- Some travel is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities