Head of Software Engineering and Architecture - Up to £120K
Posted on Sep 23, 2022 by The M-Wek Company
My client, a leading and growing Fintech is looking for a Head of Software Engineering and Architecture.
This role can be mainly remote but will require you to come into the office in the City of London on a regular basis. You will lead, and work directly with, several sprint teams (onshore and offshore), driving design and architecture transitions for multiple product verticals, help the company drive continuous improvement in the engineering environment, provide coaching and technical leadership and help senior leadership with technical options and also support business cases to help the business move forward.
- Be an active contributor to the execution of digital and technology strategy, representing technology perspectives at a management and local board level through strong technical thought leadership and a process-centric mindset.
- Line manage, coach, and support the ongoing development of software team members (10-20 offshore).
- Growing the internal software development function.
- Help manage and maintain supplier relationships and consultancy initiatives.
- Own and evolve the architectural roadmap and software engineering process aligning with and supporting the ongoing evolution of regional strategies.
- Promote continuous improvement mindset by executing incremental and ongoing improvements to the engineering environment, CI/CD pipeline, infrastructure, and security driving productivity and waste reduction.
- Strategic and commercial experience, able to contribute to broader business conversations beyond technology
- Demonstrable experience in software development within a SaaS oriented development environment.
- Excellent managerial experience of engineering teams - proven track record of getting the best out of your team.
- Experience and interest in Blockchain/Crypto/Web 3.0 or traditional fintech, integrators dealing with crypto or tokenised assets, e-wallets, investments, trading, payments, etc.
- Experience with designing, deploying, and working with microservices
- Ability to scale strong, diverse, software engineering teams.
- Clear understanding and experience of DevSecOps, how to adapt and drive forward in product engineering teams.
- Experience in mentoring, challenging, and aiding with the career development of your team, as well as calling out bad practices and having difficult conversations when necessary.
What you will get in return:
- A high level of visibility within a large organisation on an upwards trajectory;
- Be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team that makes a genuine impact on revenue and sales pipeline;
- Opportunity to work with a diverse, agile and global team;
- Competitive remuneration package.
This is an exceptional mandate - please call if interested.