IT Support Engineer - Paris, up to 45-63K Euros + benefits
Posted on Sep 23, 2022 by Scott-Merrick LLP
IT Support Engineer - Paris, up to 45-63K Euros + benefits. French and English speaking.
World leading Economic Consultancy, with over 380 employees based across 12 offices in EMEA and has tripled in size over the last 5 years, with a diverse group of consultant experts and academic affiliates is known for its integrity, creative thinking, and exceptional quality work. Our working approach is firmly grounded in shared values of integrity, excellence and collaboration, working in a niche sector, advising clients in matters before regulatory agencies and courts in over 90 jurisdictions and worked for 84% of the current Fortune 100 companies over the last 10 years.
A Technical Support Engineer is required with 3+ years' experience, working in their Paris office and supporting users on all information technology issues and provides technical solutions in support of computer and local area networks. Assumes an ownership role in providing applications and systems support, voice systems, (Cisco IPT) application and network systems administration. Provides mid-level support, detailed knowledge of computer software and hardware, entry-level network operating systems, advanced PC applications, Active Directory administration, Internet services, videoconferencing support and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. You will be working with local users, as part of the EMEA/global support network and be comfortable working autonomously and with remote users.
Experience/Experience for the Technical Support Engineer role is:
- 1-3 years' experience working in a technical support capacity for a similar professional services company (50+ user environments minimum)
- Must speak both conversational French & English
- Working a 35-hour week between 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, with some flexibility, when needed
- Laptops & Mobile Devices - Install, configure and troubleshoot software applications
- LAN/WAN Connectivity - Familiar with concepts and protocols
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft 365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and SharePoint) and Microsoft Cloud Services. Good knowledge of Apple iOS and Android systems
- Windows and associated operating systems on workstations and Servers (Active Director and Windows 10 experience)
- Competent with PC hardware components, supporting software, time entry systems, client messaging, browsers, Internet and AV
- Resolving service requests/incidents utilising Service Now or similar
- Detailed knowledge of current leading edge personal computers, printers, and networking and communications interfaces
- Remote Support Experience
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, balancing multiple critical tasks at the same time
- Team player and adaptable to changing priorities
- Qualifications - Either Degree in Computer Science or related Technical Degree/Qualifications/Certificates.
The role will be based initially 5 days in the Paris option but will have some hybrid working in time. The role offers a great starting salary up to 63K Euros, please benefits including 2 5 days holiday, private healthcare, lunch vouchers and travel subsidies.
For a more detailed job description on this position, please contact me for more information on the role - Technical Support Engineer.