Finance Manager - London - Permanent - £60,000 - £70,000
Posted on Sep 23, 2022 by Explore Group
Finance Manager - Permanent - £60,000-£70,000
My client is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world's leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries.
What you'll be doing
- Leading & inspiring the accounting team to deliver exceptional partnership support to the business and to be a world class team that is well respected and highly regarded throughout the business
- Delivering accurate and timely management information with clear understanding of key drivers and commentary against those.
- Responsible for ensuring strong financial controls are in place and operating effectively, including robust balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for the audit & statutory accounts reporting process including preparation of complex technical accounting papers
- Responsible for day to day oversight of company tax affairs and compliance including new tax requirements and jurisdictions eg foreign sales taxes
- Financial risk management, including foreign exchange risk and bank loan compliance
- Cash forecasting and planning and cost planning including reporting to cost centre owners
- Finance systems including identification, evaluation/implementation, development & maintenance
- Technical Accounting and support on any accounting policies, judgements and estimates
- Support the team with ad hoc project work
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement and develop the team to be more capable, skilled and knowledgeable resulting in taking on wider responsibilities over time and to ensure effective support to changing business needs.
- ACA (or equivalent) qualified with excellent knowledge of UK GAAP
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Previous experience with monthly management accounts preparation
- Demonstrated experience of leading the statutory accounts and audit process for a large group
- Loves excel including complex formulae, pivot tables and high data volumes
- Great at innovating systems, optimising and automating processes
- Personable and effective communicator
- Solid understanding of Corporation Tax, VAT and other taxes, both UK and foreign
- High achiever with drive and energy who will work smart and deliver fast
- Positive approach, thrives on change, happy to challenge the status quo
What success looks like
- Accurate monthly financial reporting delivered to agreed timelines
- Full monthly management information prepared for the board
- Annual statutory reporting finalised within 3 months of year end with no audit adjustments
- Ensure all compliance and tax deadlines documented and achieved and that the company remains compliant with any new requirements
- Process documentation always up to date and key controls evidenced
- Improvements to current processes and methods