Infrastructure Engineer (80% Remote Working)
Posted on Sep 23, 2022 by Michael Page Technology
As a flexible Infrastructure Engineer, you will deliver the infrastructure platforms transformation that underpins the central technology road map to embrace cloud computing. You will report directly to the Cloud & Infrastructure Lead and be aligned to the company's enterprise services and security function.
Michael Page are partnered with a reputable Housing & Property Business.
To give you an idea of how this Infrastructure Engineer role would look and feel, these are some things you could expect to do:
- Be a hands-on technical expert in cloud computing, networking, storage, Servers, virtualisation, operating systems and systems management tools delivery models
- Deliver the transformation and security of the corporate cloud and on-prem infrastructure through improvement projects and initiatives to leverage best-fit, economical solutions
- Work closely with the service delivery team to provide escalation support for security incidents and problems
- Liaise with other cloud and infrastructure engineering team members to participate and assist in BAU and project work in other areas of the team
Key Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional knowledge of SAN & NAS storage solutions
- Understanding of VMWare ESX, including P2V, vMotion, vSphere, etc.
- Experience working with the Microsoft application stack
- Good working knowledge of security management technologies such as on-premise and cloud-based solutions, including service design, security monitoring and security performance
- Familiarity with ISO27001 and PCI DSS and experience in improving IT systems to adhere to security guidelines, acting proactively and reactively
- Experience working with Azure
Salary £47,000 - £53,000