Senior Software Engineer (Java) Permanent Opportunity
Posted on Sep 23, 2022 by Rullion Ltd
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (JAVA) Tech-Led Provider Of Premium Finance.
My client is one of the tech leaders in providing premium finance, is currently recruiting a Senior Java Engineer to join their team and be part of an exciting growth plan.
You will be part of an exciting journey to help revolutionize the way people pay for insurance. They plan to transform the insurance industry for the better and build out a team where they will empower people to aim high.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Work as an integral member of a Scrum Team/Squad in the implementation of softwaredevelopment efforts, including coding, configuration, maintenance, installation, unit/component testing and debugging, as well as managing their timelines and producing technical documentation
- Mentor other software engineers and coach team on Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI-CD) practices and automating tool stack.
- Follow Jira tickets to produce clean, efficient code that is easy to understand and well-documented, using the team's style guidelines
- Set up development flows and tools as required (eg, containerisation, infrastructure as code, CI/CD pipelines)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent Java development experience
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Development tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Jira, CI/CD pipelines and IDEs
- Java SpringBoot and Struts
- RESTful APIs
- Databases (relational and non-relational) - Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, ScyllaDB
- Microservices Architecture
- Containerisation & Kubernetes
- APM tools
- Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Proactive individual with ability to use initiative and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Team player, both in the project space and as part of a collaborative Engineering team
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent self-organisation, time management and prioritisation skills
Not only can my client offer a wide range of interesting projects, but there are also plenty of perks to help you feel supported in your new role.
If this role sounds like it could be for you and are interested to hear more, then please apply online.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.