Early Years/KS1 SEN Teaching Assistant
Posted on Sep 23, 2022 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
Primary School in Bradford seeking a confident Early Years/KS1 SEN Teaching Assistant on temporary basis!
Your new company
A brilliant opportunity for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to work in a lovely and family friendly Primary School located in Bradford with excellent transport links. You will work within a close group of professionals with a great pastoral team in place. The best interests of the children and creating a positive environment are at the very heart of everything they do.
Your new role
As an Early Years/KS1 SEN Teaching Assistant in a Primary School, you will be working 1 to 1 and in small groups. It is important that you have SEN experience in an Early Years and/or Primary setting. You must be patient, understanding, possess a nurturing nature and have good communication skills as you will be working with children to support with their development. Your new role as an Early Years/KS1 SEN Teaching Assistant will need to cover ASAP on a Full time temporary basis with the possibility to then go permanent.
This position will include:
- Supporting indoor and outdoor learning opportunities.
- Supporting the children with their learning and development.
- Targeted interventions covering maths, phonics and reading.
- Supporting the child in one to one activities.
- Leading and supporting play-based activities.
- Producing resources.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role:
- Must be a Qualified Teaching Assistant - Level 3 (minimum- Level 2 will also be considered)
- Recent and relevant experience within a school environment
- Awareness of the EYFS and KS1 and be able to follow this to plan and observe the child/children.
- You must be able to work well independently and as part of a team
- You will need to be creative to provide a stimulating environment for the child/children in your care.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent behaviour management.
- Passionate and professional attitude.
- Nurturing nature.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
What you'll get in return
In return you will get:
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Holiday pay and pension contributions per week.
- Hays Hub mobile app to streamline processes and manage your bookings.
- Continued professional development and support.
- A dedicated team of professionals on call to aid you in your work.
- Refer-a-Friend scheme worth £250 high street vouchers (Terms apply)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Garo now.