Senior Associate Technology Audit London LTT
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by PWC-1
About the Team
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a leading Technology Audit team that is re-imagining IT Internal Audit, advising clients on emerging technologies and delivering cutting edge Internal Audit services.
In Technology Audit, you will work with a successful team of technology auditors, providing risk based assurance to a range of large London based corporates. You will also contribute to growing our business by helping to bring in work from existing and new clients. Technology has moved from being an enabler of business processes to becoming a key factor in long-term business strategy. The most effective Internal Audit teams are also using technology to enhance their offering and maximise the value they can deliver to audit committees and their organisations.
About the Role
You will take a key role in delivery across a broad spectrum of technology audit engagements, working with clients to leverage technical experience combined with consultancy skills to enable insightful and value-adding conversations.
The role will include the following
- Being part of a team that performs services including technology internal audit reviews based on the technology risks facing business. Typical risk areas include cyber security assurance, programme/project assurance, third-party assurance, IT operational, information security and data reviews
- Exposure to latest thinking in emerging & disruptive technology, technology governance and risk management
- Managing fieldwork for engagements and supporting more senior team members in more specialist areas
- Performing reviews over clients' IT systems, controls, processes or programmes, identifying risks and issues and developing pragmatic recommendations
- Coaching and supporting more junior colleagues
- Providing insight to clients related to the integrity of their control environment, the efficiency of processes and the insightfulness of their use of technology
- Assisting the wider team in developing opportunities with new and existing clients
- Experience within a client-facing assurance environment, or would have previous experience of delivering technology/IT internal audit assurance
- Project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities
- Qualified Accountant / IIA or CISA qualified
- ITIL/COBIT experience
- Experience of being a part of IT functions, IT change programmes or advising clients how to improve their IT operations
- Awareness of current/emerging market technology trends
- Excellent understanding of standard programme management methods
- Good understanding of common business processes
- A passion for technology and projects
- The ability to assess risk and suggest pragmatic risk mitigation activities for a range of industries
- Identifying and effectively reporting any issues and recommendations for improvement to clients, as well as drafting formal reports
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.