Technology Consulting Senior Manager - Asset & Wealth Management
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by PWC-1
A career in our Experience Technology practice, within Experience Consulting services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients change customer behaviours through the experience journey starting with a strategy, then through design, and eventually implementation. You'll focus on bringing interactive tools in the form of mobile apps, websites, or other digital platforms to ensure our clients fully integrate customer and user experiences into their organisation.
We help our clients enhance their customer strategies by providing innovative technology solutions that address gaps in the consumer experience. You'll work alongside the other PwC experience teams to develop technology that fosters positive customer experiences and enhances our clients approach to market.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
This role offers the opportunity to analyse, design, recommend and implement technology solutions for the broad range of products and functions within the Asset & Wealth Management industry including
- Front to back business transformation including market leading vendor solution platform selection and integration and cost reduction
- Target Operating Model design and implementation (including Business)
- Leading technology change programmes, including application and technical architecture review and simplification
- Digital technologies, applying it to direct to consumer and business to business infrastructure
- Regulatory driven change (including client, mandate and regulatory compliance)
- Data and Analytics integration
Within the field of AWM technology this is an appointment for Managers to be responsible for
- Manage a diverse range of assignments, as part of an on-site project team
- Manage on-site PwC teams
- Develop thought leadership and build PwC propositions and methods
- Identify opportunities for new business and support bid teams with proposals
- Support technology & AWM practice
- People development through activities such as recruitment
- Building relationships with our key AWM clients;
- Developing the careers of the teams working with and reporting to you;
- Maintaining a consistently high and leading edge market profile;
- Will I have opportunities to work from home? Yes, although this is typically client and/or project dependent.
- How much time will I be spending on client site? This varies, but typically you can expect to spend 60-70% of your time on client site.
- Will I have to travel and stay away from home overnight? Yes, this may happen, but flexible arrangements are very common.
- Is it possible to have flexible working hours? Yes, although this is typically client and/or project dependent.
- How much time will I be spending in the PwC office? This varies, but typically you can expect to spend 30-40% of your time in the PwC office.
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent track record in the Wealth, Asset or Investment Management industry, gained through a top tier consultancy (Big 4, IBM, Accenture etc..), a specialist financial services consultancy, top tier manager, or technology / service provider
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team advisors focussing on projects/programmes for Asset and Wealth Management clients
- Experience of business development such as proposal writing
- Good understanding of one or more of the following front, middle and back office, portfolio management, trading, compliance and reporting
- Technology skills across architecture, IT operating model design/cost reduction or experience of major package selection/service implementation (Asset Management - BlackRock Aladdin, Simcorp, Charles River, Markit thinkFolio, Fusion Invest and Bloomberg AIM. Wealth - SEI, Avaloq & Temenos,)
- Excellent understanding of market trends in Asset and Wealth Management
- Excellent understanding of end to end process (including trade lifecycle) flows and functional areas of Asset and Wealth Management
Desirable skills and experience
- Business skills - understanding our client's business and showing strong commercial acumen in the seeking out of opportunities and the winning of work;
- Analytical skills - identifying and diagnosing client issues through rigorous analysis, including data analytics, rather than selling PwC solutions; and
- Industry recognised qualifications such as PMP, PRINCE 2, Agile, Lean Six Sigma, BPR, ACCA, CIMA or CFA
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.