Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Wellington Management Company, LLP
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Relationship Analysts (RAs) within the Global Consultant Relations team will partner with multiple Consultant Relations Managers (CRMs) across the team and will have the skills necessary to assist with all aspects of a consultant relationship. A successful RA will work closely with multiple managers to drive the agenda with each consulting firm and bring the resources of the organization to bear on behalf of the consultant with the goal of delivering a high level of service that will exceed the consultant's expectations and position Wellington Management as the partner of choice.
The Global Consultant Relations team is charged with managing consultant relationships with a focus on cultivating new business and expanding existing relationships. Consultant relationships are critical to our firm as a significant share of our clients rely on the advice of these consultants for investment decisions. As such, the consultants represent a significant source of leverage for business growth, client service, and retention.
RAs will conduct analysis and respond to inquiries on a wide variety of topics, including market and investment focused inquiries. The RA is expected to develop in-depth knowledge of assigned consultant relationships and conduct reporting and analysis in response to inquiries on a wide variety of topics, often under significant time pressure. The RA will be required to understand the consultant's expectations, incorporate investment and product knowledge, and work cross functionally across departments of the firm such as Portfolio Management, Investment Product & Strategies, and the Client Service Group, in order to meet consultant needs and requests.
Importantly, RAs will serve as thought partners to managers on the team and over time must be prepared to act as their back-up and proxy, representing the firm in a manner commensurate with those expectations.
Attributes for success in this role can be defined as follows:
A deep understanding of each consultant relationship, including partnering with CRMs in setting and executing the strategy for each relationship A broad and deep understanding of investment knowledge, including global capital markets, investment styles and instruments, allowing RAs to respond to a wide variety of inquiries and requests The analytical capabilities to both retrieve data and understand the implications of that data from a relationship and firm perspective The ability to think strategically and collaborate with CRMs to define a plan for retaining and growing consultant relationships Strong problem solving ability including creative thinking combined with a collaborative approach in seeking the broader audience The ability to work independently and proactively; ability to multi-task in a fast paced and team oriented environment under tight deadlines with high volume of competing demands; demonstrate grace under pressure Strength of presentation skills and capability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with consultants The ability to oversee a project from start to finish, in a highly organized and responsive fashion
Commanding a thorough knowledge of our business, coupled with the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with external relationships, the RA will work closely with all members of the team, as well as many other functional areas of the firm. The RA will respond to inquiries on a wide variety of topics, and perform other tasks as appropriate.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Develop a strong understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management's product offerings
- Support CRM efforts in maintaining/new consultant ratings, updates on common strategies, and new business opportunities
- Prepare briefing materials, coordinate and lead prep meetings, submit and coordinate requests for materials, and review presentation materials for consultant meetings
- Prepare for and participate in consultant conference calls and meetings, focusing on content, key takeaways, and outcomes; handle meeting follow up
- Maintain internal systems with up-to-date information on consultant contacts, areas of priority, activities and opportunities
- With the CRMs, set strategy for retaining and growing our business with consultants
- Collaborate with Investment Product & Strategies and the Client Service Group to ensure consultants are provided with accurate and timely data for new and existing products. This includes responding promptly to all consultant inquiries for information, coordinating with other functional areas as needed
- Work with Relationship Managers, Business Development Managers, and Investment Product & Strategies teams, to ensure the effective coordination and communication of ongoing consultant relations initiatives
- As needed, coordinate product review conference calls with the research staff at consulting firms to ensure our product capabilities are positioned for inclusion in investment manager searches
- Coordinate webinars and special events for consultants; attend industry conferences (as agreed with CRM)
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Solid interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and a willingness to "pitch in" when necessary
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to multi-task and manage a high volume of activity under tight deadlines
- Sound business judgement coupled with strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrate passion for and in-depth knowledge of capital markets and/or investment products
- Strong academic credentials and progress towards (or willingness to pursue) a relevant professional qualification, e.g., CFA or MBA
- 2-5 years of relevant experience, preferably within the Financial Services industry
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at .