Lead DevOps Engineer
Posted on Sep 23, 2022 by Allegis Global Solutions Limited (AGS)
The Derivatives Pricing team is responsible for cross-product transactional pricing of derivatives within Standard Chartered. The development team is driven to provide world class technology to support the bank's Financial Markets business. We bring a deep understanding of the domain, a scientific approach, and innovative solutions to bear on the challenges of best servicing our customers in a highly competitive environment. This is a rare opportunity to join an organization working with smart technologists globally in the financial market domain. The culture in the team is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful and career advancement is always waiting for those high-energized talents willing and able to step up.
BLADE is a cross-asset derivatives pricing system. It is a containerized micro-service architecture running on an OpenShift platform. The DevOps team are responsible for several OpenShift clusters and support the dev team with builds, testing, deployments and monitoring, as well as owning core application infrastructure components including Datastax Cassandra and Apache Kafka.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
You will lead a global team of engineers to measure and improve performance and efficiency, driving deliverables through engineering excellence and effective relationship building with supporting technical service teams, up/downstream dependencies, stakeholders and vendors.
You will be expected to;
- Lead a global team of engineers.
- Take responsibility for the building and maintenance of CICD pipelines and infrastructure serving several business-critical applications.
- Administer OpenShift and Kubernetes environments.
- Design resilient, scalable application infrastructure solutions for the following components: Elastic stack, Confluent Kafka, Datastax Cassandra.
- Provide operational support to developers, production services and management teams where necessary.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, vendors, and technical service teams.
- Adhere to, maintain, and improve the adoption of rigorous compliance measures in all aspects of your role.
- Automate everything through documented reusable code.
- Have experience of supporting large-scale data processing systems written in Java.
- Plan and execute work using Agile methodologies; JIRA planning and task prioritization, Confluence documentation and Bitbucket/GHE for all the wonderful code you'll be building.
Who we're looking for:
- OpenShift/Kubernetes and Docker administration. You will have built and managed clusters and understand all aspects of both platform and application layer configuration and troubleshooting.
- A development background preferred.
- A previous DevOps, Sys Admin, SRE or Test Automation role.
- Scripting! We use Ansible, Puppet, Bash, Python, Groovy and Golang.
- CI/CD pipeline development will be your daily bread and butter, if it can be automated, your instinctive DevOps nature will compel you to design one.
- Proven experience with Kafka, Cassandra & Elasticsearch will be a significant advantage, as developers love to break these things.
- Experience working within the finance industry is desirable.
Other desirable traits:
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
- You will have breathtaking problem-solving skills.
- You will be an outspoken champion of everything DevOps/SRE.
- You will be able to bring multiple development leads together to build the right tools for the job.
What do we provide in return for such skills?
- Excellent training opportunities and skill/career development; if its relevant to your role, there's nothing you can't develop/get qualified for.
- Flexibility: whilst we expect a certain amount of facetime at the office, a healthy work-life balance is vital to the way we work.
- A collaborative working structure: We work as a team, nobody knows everything and the best engineers in the world know when to ask for help, of which there is plenty at SCB.