3rd Line Support
Posted on Sep 23, 2022 by Advantage Resourcing
Job Title: 3rd Line Support
Pay Rate: Negotiable.
Location: York - 5 Days Onsite
Contract Length: 6 months
Advantage Resourcing are recruiting on behalf of our well-established IT client for a 3rd Line Support to join their organisation.
The suitable candidate would be able to offer experience in providing technical support services as part of an operational support squad to specific Managed Service (ITO) customers in the cloud with a particular emphasis on Microsoft technologies including Endpoint Manager (Intune) and Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM).
The suitable candidate would be able to:
- Provide continuous and ongoing technical support to a variety of managed service customers.
- Support, maintain and help implement Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Modern Workplace based solutions.
- Help resolve technical issues and risks to customers systems, providing appropriate technical input into the documentation and ultimate resolution of those issues.
- Implement solutions which drive automation to help reduce time spent by support teams and in turn, free time to innovate and drive service improvement.
- Where required, take ownership of technical investigations into complex problems, continuing to work on them until a resolution or workaround can be implemented. Provide technical input and governance to the problem and update stakeholders at regular intervals as the technical investigation continues.
- Work on other tasks as required to support wider business plans and initiatives.
- Attend relevant customer specific meetings as and where required. Examples may include presenting changes to the change advisory board, providing technical feedback as part of a formal problem review and progress updates during project review meetings.
- Demonstrable previous experience of implementing and supporting large-scale Microsoft workplace environments within a managed services environment or single large enterprise.
- Strong understanding of cloud services with a particular focus on Microsoft 365 and Azure services, coupled with a general understanding of traditional hosted technologies and approach.
- Working knowledge of network and security technologies.
- Excellent communication verbal and written, being able to operate at all levels and articulate messages to a variety of different audiences. Understand people and cultural differences to build good relationships with colleagues.
- Capability to author and update infrastructure, support and procedural documentation.
- Understanding of Incident, Problem and Change Management within the ITIL framework.
- Capability to project manage in an informal capacity; able to apply appropriate project methodology to plan, execute and report on work in a structured way.
- Strong consultancy skills with the capacity to be an excellent motivator in order to meet deadlines and handle change.
- Endpoint Manager (Intune) and Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Microsoft 365 applications and services
- Microsoft conditional access technologies including MFA and PIM
- Microsoft security technologies including ATP and Windows Defender
- Windows 10 desktop and associated services including patching, maintaining, feature release and group policies
If you are interested in this position, please apply now