Service Delivery and Infrastructure Engineering Manager
Posted on Sep 23, 2022 by Experis IT
Service Delivery & Infrastructure Engineering Manager
Location: Remote based 1 day a week in office
My client is a market leader in developing voice software and working with reseller channels to enable customers to unlock the most powerful data set in the world: Voice. As the business moves to the next phase of its evolution, they are seeking an Service Delivery & Infrastructure Engineering Manager who has drive, customer relationship skills, passion for technology and the ability to plan and lead effectively. You will have a focus on building a dynamic, high-performance team with the right blend of skills and experience
- Manages and leads the engineering team to meet delivery and service operational processes and structure. This includes working with the PMO and from a support perspective aligned to the ITIL stack - Incident, Problem, Change, Service Request, Major Incident management.
- Ensures delivery and support services are performed within contractual obligations - able to manage the business priorities of delivery milestones and SLA's, KPI's and other strategic objectives daily.
- Line management of the engineering team measuring the impact and performance of your team and set clear expectations and goals, ensuring we deal with any performance issues quickly and foster a culture of healthy feedback ensuring failures/mistakes are treated as learning opportunities.
- Strong co-working with the Engineering Technical Leader who will provide technical direction and prioritization of this team and to jointly own the management of technical debt, documentation, including knowledgebase with the goal of improving the quality of our technical solutions and maturing our customer relationships positively.
- Lead the recruitment and management of high calibre engineers and ensuring their onboarding is effective and in sync with the needs of the business and that our hiring, onboarding, and training processes are continuously improved.
- Foster a culture of openness and mutual success including a positive collaborative relationship with clients, partners and key stakeholders within Red Box.
- Ensuring internal and external communications are clear and relevant.
- Out of hours escalation.
- Driving through Continuous Improvement projects to reduce costs/increase efficiency with the focus on enhancing the capability of our engineering team to deliver high quality and efficient service for our customers.
- Collaborate with various functions, drive engineering initiatives, and have an impact at an organisational level.
- Support the agile process for product development, including DevOps and sprints for development of both product and the service portfolio.
- Transformation - Lead key transformation initiatives to allow the move to a smooth global operation for Delivery, Incident, Problem, Change, Service Request and Major Incident management.
- Key Strategy - Feed into strategic evolution of the service operations organisation to then agree capacity and organisational evolution for the coming years.
- Sales - Works with sales to ensure there are no barriers to revenue generation for our new portfolio.
- Sales - Liaise with commercial and sales teams to deliver on the customer's needs.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years' experience in a comparable role
- Strong understanding of both IT delivery and support frameworks eg Prince2, ITIL
- Knowledge and experience with Service Now stack
- Proven track record in delivering, operating, hiring and leading a remote engineering capability/function - facilitate planning, prioritisation, and scoping of work together with experience working collaboratively with other engineering managers and leads geographically spread
- You can clarify technical issues and priorities, roles and responsibilities and secure individual and team ownership
- Experience in creating environments that support, challenge and empower engineers to do their best work
- Solid background in telecommunications and/or software engineering with significant experience in a variety of systems and technologies.
- Flexibility to sometimes be on call or work outside of normal business to support key projects and service challenges
- Strategic thinking: being able to support setting the future vision for the department, evolve processes and teams working closely with the Director of Service Operations aligned to the continual business transformation at Red Box
- Self-starter: can work independently and prioritise, where peers may not be in same location or even country
- Commercial experience working on multiple different types and scale solutions
- You can work with ambiguity and change, especially around team structure and the boundaries of your role
- Excellent communicator with planning skills and you enjoy jumping into problems and removing impediments
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Technical background, helped build an organization globally
- Experience of telecommunications, voice recording and software built on microservices/containers Docker, Linux, Kubernetes cabana SQL with API driven architecture
- An understanding of artificial intelligence and how voice can enable outcomes
- Understanding in product led growth and proven experience in scaling support any/or delivery teams
- You have managed engineering teams at start-ups, owners of the software in a remote working environment
- You have experience in working with highly regulated customers where compliance and the use of personal data is controlled and measured
- Has worked within an Agile framework - has some understanding of the journey to Dev Ops
Due to high volume, we can only respond to applications that match the criteria.