Senior Technical Advisor - Cyber Security
Posted on Sep 23, 2022 by TalentHawk
My client are looking for a Cyber Security Senior Technical Advisor to establish and support the roll out of network security across the communications industry.
This role will require you to have in depth knowledge of communication providers and demonstrate technical insights to help develop and implement guidance on network topology, security, and operations, in accordance with new legislation. You will be required to assess digital and telecoms infrastructure for security and resilience, provide technical support to existing and new issues, and manage stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience and understanding of conducting security assurance assessments and audits and managing remediation plans, within the Communication Provider/Telco and mobile sector.
- Understanding of the types of threat actors that would the sector and cyber security threats they present.
- Experience with evaluating technical vulnerabilities and identifying reasonable and appropriate control measures.
- Experience across all cyber security risk management domains (strategy; governance and risk management; protection, detection, response, recovery and resumption of services; situational awareness; testing).
- Understanding of network topologies including fixed and mobile
Ideally, you would have a pre-existing knowledge of the Security landscape of the UK Telecoms sector, particularly with respect to Network Virtualisation.