Posted on Sep 23, 2022 by Sanderson Government & Defence
Role: Network Architect
Location: Bristol (Milton Keynes/Frimley possible alternative locations) - hybrid working
Salary: £55,000 - £85,000 basic
Our client is looking for a Network Architect to join with a "drive to action" approach to join a truly unique defence project. The right candidate MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE SC CLEARANCE, being a UK citizen who's continuously lived in the UK for the last 5 years minimum.
This is an opportunity to be involved in a breadth of defence projects that span from communications, to mission systems, to system integration; though the work is varied, what remains consistent is it being interesting and challenging with a company that will seek wherever possible to invest in you. Primarily, the role will focus on refreshing and deploying a battlefield wide area network solution. The project is varied in its demands, which will be reflected in your workload, ensuring you are never stagnant.
As a Network Architect, you'll be responsible for the definition, implementation and execution of the processes for the definition, maintenance, and conformance management of programme network Architecture. Your ability to liaise with stakeholders will be excellent, as you'll need to both understand and convey business strategies and solutions, as well as design/implement them.
The uniqueness of this opportunity comes in the way of an all expenses paid trip to Brisbane, Australia for a length of time of your choosing. You'll work on similar projects to then come back to the UK and impart the knowledge gained. There is plenty of room for both personal career progression, and business growth in this period.
- Experienced in CISCO, SASE and Zero Trust models
- Broad experience across IT systems and products, ranging from Legacy to modern digital technologies
- Experience with communications systems/protocols, ideally in a defence setting (general defence sector experience is highly desired)
- Experience working with external and internal stakeholders
- Experience with Archimate 2 or 3 notation OR TOGAF 9/10 OR Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN)
- Experience of a range of delivery methods (waterfall, agile, DevOps etc)
Alongside working on topical, worthwhile projects, you'll have flexible working arrangements, upskilling, study assistance, and a fantastic benefits package. This is a large period of growth for the company, and holds excellent avenues of progression.