Green Team Supervisor
Posted on Sep 23, 2022 by CHM Recruit
Green Team Supervisor
Location: London offices and project sites in Hammersmith & Fulham
Contract: 1 year FTC
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: circa £25,000
Over the last 20 years, our client's Green Teams have provided hundreds of unemployed Londoners with their first taste of work in grounds maintenance and horticulture. Under the tutelage of their Green Team Supervisors, they have successfully delivered award-winning landscaping and maintenance contracts throughout London.
Their programme has grown from strength to strength as their Green Teams continue to be at the very heart of the delivery of several of their employment programmes and their newest landscaping and sustainable urban drainage projects. They are now seeking a Green Team Supervisor who will lead one of their teams.
- Have proven experience in delivering soft landscaping and grounds maintenance projects
- Have proven experience in overseeing a team to deliver these projects
- Demonstrate an ability and willingness to train your new team members to deliver their programme and support their progression into careers in the industry
- Have a full/clean driving licence
The organisation's approach
They take a holistic approach to the work they do, because social and environmental problems are complex and often interrelated. Through their 40 years of experience, they know that real, lasting change requires tackling both inequality and environmental issues.
What does this look like on the ground?
Alongside their partners, they deliver over 500 projects, every year. These projects differ in remit, but all address one or more of their three thematic objectives;
- Creating Better Places
- Improving People's Prospects
- Promoting Greener Living
They design projects that tackle climate change and promote reuse and recycling; they co-create and improve valuable urban green spaces with communities; they help people deal with fuel poverty, and specialise in supporting households with energy and water efficiency; they also support young people in education, training and employment through many projects, from horticulture skills training to music production.
What they can offer you:
- The chance to make a meaningful difference to Londoners
- Annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- Flexible working options
- Becoming part of our supportive and dedicated team, with formal and informal social and professional development events, both online and in person
- 24-hour access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- A strong commitment to your personal and professional development, including the provision of bespoke training courses and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Some benefits are available after you've passed your probation period
Closing date for applications: 13th October 2022
Interviews: They will be reviewing applications in stages so please submit your application or contact them to know more.
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application for this position.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community.
No agencies please