Electronics Components Engineer
Posted on Sep 23, 2022 by Modis
Electronic Components Engineer required for long term contact assignment based out of Stevenage or Bolton with some work from home available.
Overview of department:
The Component Selection Engineer plays a very important part, not just within the group but the wider business too as people will seek your advice on matters related to your commodity. You will ensure we deliver a comprehensive component service ensuring risk is mitigated for components selected and Embedded within company designs.
No two days are the same as the role includes the following responsibilities:
* Vetting and cataloguing components.
* Providing risk assessments and mitigation solutions of components in designs.
* Leading pro-active obsolescence component trawls (based on Life cycle status, Export Control and REACH/RoHS compliance).
* Processing re-active component obsolescence notifications.
* Supporting continuous improvement activities by suggesting ways to make the process more efficient.
* Knowledge and experience of electronic components
* Engineering Degree (or equivalent), or relevant experience
* High concern for order and quality
* High Communication Skills - Verbal, written, electronic, across all levels
* Pro-active and enthusiastic
* Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
* Strong communication skills to facilitate regular face to face communications with key stakeholders.
* Experience of vetting and cataloguing components.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.