Posted on Sep 23, 2022 by Square One Resources
Job Title: VMware Lead
Location: Remote with occasional travel to the Netherlands
Salary/Rate: Up to €930 per day
Start Date: Immediate
Job Type: Contract, inside IR35
We have an exciting opportunity now available with one of our sector-leading clients! They are currently looking for a skilled VMware Lead to join their team for a three-month contract.
- Responsible for architecture and design, for the public cloud environment, providing the right frameworks and blueprints for the cloud infrastructure.
- Make sure that the environments are designed in such a way that they meet the program/project scope and business requirements.
- Act as a technical lead and responsible for public cloud domain.
- Take ownership of domains by taking initiative, identifying improvements, driving change and leading projects from a technical standpoint.
- Help Program/Project manager define and govern work packages and activities around public cloud.
- Drive decision-making process by including all relevant parties.
- Gather business and functional requirements.
- Definition, architecture and design of public cloud environment.
- Create and maintain design guidelines, to provide a uniform framework to build services upon.
- Drive POCs.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or other technical studies; experience in solution/infrastructure architecture; Datacentre and cloud development.
- Deep technical knowledge in VMware Portfolio (SDDC, VCF, VSAN, VRA/VRO, NSX -t, NSX-V and AVI LB) Windows Linux, Wintel Hardware.
- Experience in different service models such as IaaS, PaaS, CaaS and FaaS on GCP.
- Container Orchestration such as Kubernetes and Container platforms such as Docker.
- Good understanding of licensing structures on GCP.
- Automation, infrastructure as code, CI/CD automation and configuration management.
- Cloud adoption/migration frameworks/projects including workload placement strategies.
- Cloud connectivity and workload mobility in multi and hybrid cloud environments.
- Strong understanding of security concepts such as micro-segmentation, DDOS protection, Web Application Firewalls, API Gateways and SSL
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in Microsoft Word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally. Please see our website for our full diversity statement.