Network Administrator/Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Sep 23, 2022 by Experis IT
Network Administrator/Infrastructure Engineer - Contract
6 months - rate negotiable - Inside IR35 - 5 days onsite
West Midlands and Warwickshire
Due to continued growth and success of the business, the Infrastructure Support Team has an opportunity for a Network Engineer/Infrastructure Engineer with core skills in Cisco networking, Network Management, Network Deployments, Switch management, configuration, and troubleshooting End User Support, Remote Desktop, Remote Device, Wintel, Microsoft Office, O365, SCCM, Endpoint Security Products, Active Directory and excellent Networking expertise Cisco network, switch management, deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting.
The environment services 700 users operating from 2 data centres, the majority of the client base access our systems via a Thin Client and Server based Remote Desktop Services.
Along with these skills, the individual should have a broad knowledge of Network and Infrastructure Technologies with good analytical and troubleshooting skills and have the capability and experience to take ownership of Projects as Player and/or a Coach.
The Technical Landscape is predominantly Microsoft servicing 17 sites across the UK, platformed on a Cisco LAN/WAN supporting 700 users Operating from 2 x Data Centres, with most of the client base accessing the IT System via Thin Client and Server based Remote Desktop Services.
As the IT Infrastructure Engineer/IT Administrator - Your responsibilities will be:
- Cisco Networks, switch management, R&S, deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Mobile Device Management, Deployment & Infrastructure.
- Virtualization deployment and administration - VMware or Hyper-V
- Exchange 2016 end user support, mailbox provisioning, Active-sync, OWA, Outlook and MDM.
- Wintel and Windows 10.
- Active Directory user admin and policies.
- Remote Desktop Services, Including Farm environments.
- Windows Servers 2012/2016/2019, management and troubleshooting.
- Network Printer Set Up - Print Management,
- Scripting is desirable but not essential.
- Endpoint Protection and configuration.
- Server Monitoring - Event management & response.
- IT Security Infrastructure Fundamentals
- Thorough Documentation - Inventories, Ticket Logging/Updating, Processes and Guides