C++ C# (desirable) Developer - Repo Fixed Income - Investment Banking
Posted on Sep 23, 2022 by Adlam Consulting Ltd
C++ C# Developer - Repo Fixed Income - Investment Banking
- Excellent C++
- C+/17, STL, Boost, XML, JSON
- Experience in C# development using .NET Framework/.NET Core very good to have
- SQL on relational databases
- Experience developing for multi-tier, multi-process client and server architectures
- Experience developing trading systems and their components
- Extensive experience with multi-threaded development
- MQ messaging and TCP/IP
- Experience in working within an environment with high pressure on timeliness and quality of deliveries
- A strong level of autonomy is required, as well as pro-activeness and curiosity
- Excellent technical problem solving skills
- High level of motivation
- Good communication skills
- C++ and C# (Visual Studio 2017/2019), .NET Framework/.NET Core in a Windows environment
- STL and Boost
- Oracle 12c/19c, SQL and stored procedures
- As a developer, main responsibilities will be to design and develop new pieces of software, to enhance existing software to provide new functionality requested by the business and to correct bugs. For the majority of projects Business Analysts provide specifications for the developers to work with.
- In the lead up to a major release, developers are expected to get involved fixing regression bugs, maintaining the automated regression tests and with the regression testing of an allocated area of the system.
- Develop new enhancements as requested by the business (this could be from Front, Middle or Back Office). Enhancements can be in the form of new financial products, new booking methods, improving functionality, reacting to audit points, regulatory requirements etc.
- Deliver high quality technical solutions to the business
- Ensure that junior members of the team are supported to perform their duties and provide guidance where needed.
- Monitor and ensure the quality of work of the team - Reviews of code, JIRAs and Change Requests
- Take ownership of functionality developed on a given project you have been allocated and take proactive measures when issues arise in production.
- Production support: Follow-up and support on system production activity allocated to APS teams.
- DevOps practices rollout within the Team
Adlam Consulting operates as an Employment Agency & an Employment Business Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Inside IR35 - Hybrid working