Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Anonymous
Would you like to work for a fast-moving global IT company?
Are you able to analyse legal and business risks and propose creative, business-oriented solutions?
If you do we need to talk, the client is an established global IT company with award winning software products. With an amazing leadership team with loads of energy and passion, it's a great time as they look to the future.
This is a 'Big Job' with lots to do and definitely hands on. The company supports some of the largest Banking clients in the world with a great reputation.
This is a standalone role with the flexibility to work from home a few days a week once you get your feet under the table.
No two days will be the same but typically you will be responsible for a variety of work including reviewing and negotiation of complex commercial licensing and strategic contractual arrangements (Global) including data and software licenses, service agreements, market data licenses, financial product licenses, redistribution arrangements, and data vendor contracts.
We are looking for a genuine team player who can take ownership of the following:-
* Negotiate contracts, including international contracts.
* Review and drafting a broad range of complex, international agreements with a diverse range of customers, partners and suppliers, including collaboration agreements, and terms and conditions.
* Ensure the compliance of the company with the legal requirements (including regulatory monitoring)
* Coordinate with external lawyers.
* Prepare internal and external legal documents e.g. board resolutions, loan agreements, proxies etc.
* Execute, check, file and archive administrative, legal documents.
* Deal with drafting and follow-up of the instructions and legal documentation relevant for the activities of the business.
* Work collaboratively as a recognised legal expert integrated in a multi-disciplinary team, including liaising with and advising senior management (a big part of the role)
* Execute and ensure timely delivery of quality service.
* Monitor and keep up to date with legislative changes and relevant case law and being responsible for communicating bespoke and practical advice to colleagues both within the Legal team, and to colleagues within the business.
* Assisting with wider business and ad-hoc legal activities as required.
A lovely company with a great collaborative culture, this is more than just a standard In-house Legal Counsel role, you will be the go-to person for all things legal and the opportunity to get involved in the business as a member of the exec team.
Legal Counsel | In-house Legal Counsel | Legal Adviser | Solicitor
* Strong In-house Legal Counsel experience
* Previous financial services experience and information technology exposure
* Able to analyse legal and business risks and propose creative, business-oriented solutions
* Able to negotiate
Our reputation is built on an ability to understand and meet the requirements of companies whilst fulfilling the career aspirations of individuals. The traditional values of honesty and integrity are the cornerstones of our business ethos and reflect in all our activities