Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Anonymous
As our Compliance Officer (Enforcement) your role will be to undertake a full range of recovery duties to ensure that all income due in respect of recovery of debt and other charges are promptly and efficiently collected in a helpful and courteous manner.
Key responsibilities of the Compliance Officer (Enforcement)
- Proactively contact debtors to negotiate payment of arrears and costs using the schemes as agreed with each Authority.
- Provide assistance to the public in writing, by telephone or in person providing an excellent, polite and courteous public service at all times.
- Update the case management system as cases progress and note actions taken
- Be proactive in performing outbound call collection tasks and face to face meetings with debtors
- Ensure that uncollectable debts are returned to the Authority for further action without unnecessary delay.
- Provide excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with partner organisations, C/TAX, Recovery and NDR departments and senior managers
- Liaise where necessary with Certificated Enforcement Agents (previously known as bailiffs)
- Consider further methods of Recovery (Charging Order, Insolvency & Committal) and take appropriate action as necessary
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant legislation for Council Tax, NNDR, Sundry debts and Enforcement legislation
- Maintain confidentiality when handling customer enquiries and other information in line with Council requirements, the Data Protection Act and the Freedom of information Act
- Undertake any other appropriate duties as assigned by the Enforcement Manager or Revenues Manager commensurate with the grade.
What we're looking for in our Compliance Officer (Enforcement)
- Great communication skills - written and verbal
- Team player and can work on own initiative
- Dealing with telephone contact from the public
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to update computer systems accurately
- Being in a dynamic and fast moving office environment
- Liaison with other departments and other Government Agencies
- Available to work at our Thetford office
- And above all enthusiasm!
In return as our Compliance Officer (Enforcement), we can offer you…
- Competitive starting salary £18,028
- Career development opportunities
- Full training
- Flexible working
- Free car parking
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Rewards Package
Closing date for applications: 31st January 2019
Interested? If you believe you have the right skills and are looking for your next career opportunity as our new Compliance Officer (Enforcement) then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you
HM Prison & Probation Service
Hales Group Limited