Manager - Assurance - Internal Audit - Bristol
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by PWC-1
A career within Internal Audit services, will provide you with an opportunity to gain an understanding of an organisation's objectives, regulatory and risk management environment, and the diverse needs of their critical stakeholders. We focus on helping organisations look deeper and see further considering areas like culture and behaviours to help improve and embed controls. In short, we seek to address the right risks and ultimately add value to their organisation.
About the team
Our team in West and Wales have over 1,000 employees with offices in Bristol and Cardiff, working across the region. You'll work with a diverse range of clients at local, national and global level which is a great way to develop your career. Our region is an important part of the UK economy, with a large Financial Services sector in particular. Some of the UK's most successful companies are represented here, and we also have an active private business market which thrives as a result of the region's support for entrepreneurial ventures. We have a great team spirit and you'll be invited to take part in many social activities as well as contributing to the local community.
About the role
We are looking for managers to be part of a team that is dedicated to supporting our Financial Services clients. As a manager, you will be responsible for providing outsource and co-source internal audit services and strategic assessments to our financial services clients. Main responsibilities will include
- Planning and delivering Internal Audits of a diverse range of governance, risk, regulatory, operational and financial activities, within set deadlines.
- Conducting work in accordance with PwC's Internal Audit methodology and Quality Assurance standards.
- Building effective working relationships with clients.
- Leading and coaching junior staff.
- Developing and supporting new Internal Audit opportunities.
- Building a network of industry contacts through attending external industry events and PwC hosted events.
You will receive appropriate training and coaching for the engagements you will undertake, For the right individual, the role provides an outstanding opportunity to progress, develop and be rewarded for achievement as part of a successful and growing part of our business.
You will have strong technical knowledge, in particular in the Financial Services regulatory environment. You will be an effective team player and have a track record in building and sustaining client relationships. You will be ACA qualified (or equivalent), have experience of executing engagements from start to finish, and be used to working to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment.
- ACA qualification (or equivalent)
- A passion for Governance, Risk & Control and Internal Audit.
- Experience gained in Internal Audit within the Financial Services industry.
- Experience of Internal Audit planning, risk and control identification and performing, reviewing and directing Internal Audit testing.
- Strong analytical and engagement management skills.
- The ability to lead and work effectively in different teams for varying periods of time, building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels.
- The ability to assess risk in a wide range of financial services operations and activities and suggest pragmatic risk mitigation activities.
- Experience in developing junior staff.
- Experience of identifying and effectively reporting issues and recommendations for improvement to clients.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.