Director - Strategy Consulting - Retail & Commercial Banking
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by PWC-1
Who we're looking for
- Are you a highly experienced strategy consultant with a Retail and Consumer Banking focus?
- Do you have a clear record of achievement and progression in a leading consulting firm by undertaking high impact work for leading banks?
- Are you an intellectually curious Consultant who can demonstrate strong problem solving skills and be able to lead consulting teams and assignments?
If you have bold ideas and want the opportunity to work with really smart, motivated high achievers who help senior clients in leading institutions to solve their most difficult problems, and you enjoy working in a dynamic, high-paced and fun environment - then Strategy& is exactly the right place for you .
About the team
We serve the world's top institutions and they are increasingly demanding practical strategies. They don't just want ideas - they want ideas brought to life that help them gain advantage in fiercely competitive global markets. Today, we are the only firm that is truly equipped to devise the right strategy and seamlessly execute it on a global scale - delivering value to our clients with speed, certainty, and impact.
By joining Strategy&, you get the best of both worlds a 250-year consulting legacy and the chance to build a new kind of consulting firm that will disrupt the advisory industry.
Our success in the industry is due to our incredible people. We invest heavily in our practitioners, providing them with the right tools, training and working flexibility to enable them to deliver and be successful in a rewarding and motivating working environment. Teamwork is also something that is pivotal to our success and the team work together on a regular basis to share experiences and knowledge.
About the role
As a Director, you will play a key part in influencing and shaping the strategic development of the wider team. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
Client Delivery Developing productive and lasting client relationships at all levels by identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities. Managing the project team to deliver large projects, driving conclusions, and reviewing and challenging the output produced by the team.
Business Development Supporting the Partner team in proactively leading the practice by shaping strategy, driving the development of new business in the market, and providing technical insight across disciplines including business strategy, market growth strategy and route to market strategy
Thought Leadership Being a thought leader in Retail & Consumer banking strategy and viewed by clients as an expert who they turn to for help and advice on their most difficult issues. Also ensuring that you have an in-depth understanding of current topics, priorities and important trends.
Proposition Development Developing propositions that deploy Strategy& and PwC capabilities to address key client challenges, with particular reference to Retail and Consumer banking.
Practice Development Recruitment, on-boarding and ongoing mentoring and coaching of our people.
The ideal candidate would be interested in either progressing their career to the next level with an aim of becoming a candidate for partnership or a developing as a subject matter expert.
Essential skills & experience
You should have experience of some of the following
- Ability to demonstrate functional expertise across a range of Retail and Consumer Banking areas with a deep focus on one or more of business Market Growth Strategy, Organisational Capabilities Development, Strategic Cost Reduction and Digital Disruption
- Ideally have a clear record of achievement and progression in a leading consulting firm with experience of working in the Retail & Consumer banking sectors
- Thought leader in Retail & Consumer banking strategy space who is viewed by clients as an expert who they turn to for help and advice on their most difficult issues
- Exceptional analytical skills with documented experience of the ability to solve unstructured problems involving large amounts of quantitative data with a structured and hypothesis driven approach
- Excellent client handling skills with experience of leading large scale strategy and transformational change programmes
- Intellectually curious, demonstrate strong problem solving skills,
- Strong change and people leadership skills, track record of successful change execution and an exemplary track record in providing client satisfaction
- A strong team player with dedication to joint success and shared development
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability and flexibility to operate successfully from boardroom to shop floor
- Educated to post-graduate level
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Adam Recruitment Ltd