Senior Manager The Difference - Consulting - London
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by PWC-1
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
An important character trait of a Facilitator is being completely client focussed - to the point of supporting and coaching them in whatever goals they may have. The facilitation and design elements of the role must remain outcome agnostic, with a strong sense of service and willingness to adapt Design Methodology to the problem at hand. The Difference utilise a Design Thinking approach based on the MG Taylor Design Methodology, and drawing from a broad range of other influences.
Secondly, the Facilitator must be highly professional in their approach to work. The work of a Facilitator fluctuates in peaks and troughs and they must be flexible enough to prioritise and complete tasks during the peaks and maximise time for learning and venture development in the troughs.
Facilitators must be great team players, who are equally as comfortable at the front of the room as they are working with a delivery team to complete practical tasks. They must be comfortable working within a non-hierarchical environment, open to constructive challenge and feedback, and enthusiastic about collaborating with colleagues of all grades and backgrounds to deliver great work.
The ideal Facilitator is also bright, inquisitive, adaptable, well-organised and able to relate, understand and interpret people and their views. Effective communication and negotiation / persuasion skills are vital, as the Facilitator has direct contact with the most senior levels of our client organisations, alliance partners, and vendors who need support and encouragement throughout the process. While the work is intense, the environment is creative and we encourage/expect everyone to contribute innovative ideas.
Facilitators should have a strong interest in design thinking - divergent, creative, integrative, and curious.
- Experience in designing and facilitating workshops with varying levels of complexity
- Consulting and/or project management background with knowledge of common organisational challenges
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage senior stakeholder groups with diverse and conflicting views
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and direct others
- An adaptable/flexible service orientated approach
- Level of computer literacy (see below)
- A hunger and energy for a new challenge
- An understanding of the MGTaylor process or Design Thinking approach
Computer Skills Required
- Google Suite to include Gmail, Slides and Sheets
In addition skills in the following products would be beneficial -
- Adobe CS, including Photoshop, Illustrator
- Sonos or equivalent music apps,
- Google Jamboards
Event based responsibilities
- Leads a design process, working with Difference Solution Designer, PwC client engagement team and senior client stakeholders. Over a series of collaborative sponsor meetings, we determine project scope and focus, event objectives, and session design.
- Supports the Solution Designer as required (i.e. depending on their level of experience) to manage project activities including but not limited to
- Coaching on session designs to upskill on theories, methodologies, modules, etc
- Advising on design facets e.g. writing assignments, sequencing of modules, etc
- Managing stakeholders and establishing effective working relationships
- Overseeing commercials and managing projects to budgets
- Directing Risk and Quality processes including Salesforce activities to ensure compliance
- Planning and managing project logistics including directing Centre Manager activities
- Identifying internal and contractor resource to form a rounded team to deliver the event and providing timely feedback on performance
- Provides front of room facilitation for Design Forums and works as part of a team to deliver 1-3 day Design Forums, Bid Alignment Sessions, Discovery Sessions, and Creative Comms designs
- Works closely with a 'Process Facilitator' and Solution Designer on prep, event and post days (as required) to deliver exceptional events i.e. calling client check-ins, modifying and processing design changes in real time
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
B C T Resourcing
InfoSec People Limited