Senior Manager - Corporate Operational Restructuring - Manchester
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by PWC-1
About the team
Our Business Recovery Services (BRS) Operational Restructuring practice is the largest restructuring practice in the UK operating from 23 offices. We offer restructuring situational skills with functional expertise (business planning, cost reduction, cash and change management) and industry experience to our clients. Helping them develop sustainable solutions. In joining our Operational Restructuring team you will be working across a breadth if sectors including Corporate, Government and Public Sector.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our growing team to work on high-profile clients experiencing stress/distress to their business model and who require transformation, spanning a broad range of industry sectors.
You will be working with clients on operational restructuring, cost reduction and working capital improvement areas focused on identify and implementing sustainable performance improvement. Your work will include:
- Understanding key business processes and working capital requirements
- Identifying quick wins to improve earnings and build stakeholder confidence
- Identifying cash levers to smooth cashflow/ conserve cash
- Helping clients realise cash quickly from their operations through working capital management
- Helping client management develop and implement a turnaround or transformation programme
- Assessing operational and management teams within an organisation, identifying skill gaps
- Taking a "hands-on" role to manage stakeholders and inspire change
- Providing robust management and monitoring of change programmes
- Being responsible for the day to day leadership of projects with minimal oversight from a Director/Partner
- Preparing presentations and/or reports to key stakeholders (e.g. Board, management.)
- You will also be expected to take an active part in our team's development and will typically:
- Contribute to the teams marketing efforts (both internal and external
- Become an active counsellor, coach and role model to junior team members
- The role will be based in Manchester, but requires flexibility to travel throughout the UK, with the potential to travel overseas, depending on client requirements
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience of operational improvement programmes
- Advisory experience from a management consultancy, corporate finance advisory firm or as an 'internal consultant' in a corporate
- Operations experience, across one or more sectors: engineering, financial services, retail, industrial, consumer, high tech, utilities, logistics, telecoms and energy
- Proven P&L analysis, cash flow and balance sheet work
- Competent with spreadsheets, financial and operational KPIs. Comfortable with financial analysis
- Track record in business development
- You'll be joining a team who welcome your outlook and knowledge, whilst providing you the opportunity to develop your skill set further within one of the world's leading professional organisations. With an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working requirements where appropriate and have many successful arrangements currently in place.
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.