Risk Consultant - Risk & Regulatory Transformation & Infrastructure
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by PWC-1
On a day-to-day basis, you'll deliver complex risk and regulatory data management client engagements from strategy through to implementation. You will have line management responsibility for junior team members and interact directly with client stakeholders, often owning specific deliverables, on assignments. Your role will also include supporting internal proposition and thought leadership development on industry specific offerings, and supporting the sales process through proposal development.
Successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate that they can manage multiple tasks on projects. They would also need to have the capacity to take on greater responsibilities as they develop within the firm. They should be of an intellectually curious mindset and interested in continually developing their professional and technical skills. We would expect you to gain a broad range of experience before deciding whether to specialise in a specific area. Many projects give you the opportunity to work in multidisciplinary teams or with people from our network firms overseas.
Risk technology and data is a significant focus area for many of our clients, and we anticipate a large number of opportunities to help our clients understand how to best navigate the evolving regulatory landscape (e.g. BCBS 239) and take advantage of emerging leading practices and innovations to improve financial performance and gain competitive advantage. Specifically this will include helping clients better leverage data, technology and MI, both strategically and tactically, to meet new risk and regulatory requirements. We are looking for people to join us who are excited by being at the cutting edge of transformational change in financial services.
- Work experience or good knowledge of a number of technical areas: Risk and data architecture, data governance, data strategy, data quality, master data management, reference data, knowledge of the data management vendor landscape, business analysis, technical analysis
- Relevant consulting/ advisory experience in Banking and Capital Markets, Asset Management and/or Insurance
- Experience of change programmes within the Risk function of large FS firms would be a benefit
- Knowledge of Risk Reporting and MI projects, including knowledge of key regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. Corep, Finrep, Anacredit, Stress Testing)
- Knowledge of regulatory change programmes (e.g. BCBS 239, GDPR, MiFID 2, FRTB)
- Direct experience of working in a relevant role in industry would be a benefit
- Experience of consulting or multidisciplinary projects, and involvement in project management and delivery, staff management, delegation of responsibilities and delivering projects to time and budget
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
City Wharf Financial Recruitment