Finance Consulting - Manager - Government & Healthcare
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by PWC-1
A career within Finance Consulting services, will provide the opportunity to work alongside CEOs, CFOs, controllers and treasurers to optimise the structure of their finance functions and improve their contribution to the business. We support our clients by addressing the challenges of achieving appropriate standards of control, efficient back office opportunities and support to the business through insight and challenge.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
You will primarily work on the delivery of client engagements, contributing to and leading Finance change projects; you will also spend time supporting the development of the Finance team and contributing to sales origination.
- Successfully managing projects with PwC and client teams;
- The quality and timeliness of project deliverables;
- The sustainability of project benefits;
- Managing the project economics through on-going review and communication with the project team;
- Providing general advice to clients on core areas of operational Finance;
- Identifying further service opportunities, while client side, based on good understanding of the client's needs, combined with a knowledge of PwC's capabilities.
- Contributing to our continued thought leadership around Finance function design, processes, policies, strategy, governance, reporting and systems
- Supporting on business development activities, leveraging our strong existing client relationships, multi-disciplined colleagues and intellectual collateral to develop appropriate solutions to assist clients;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with senior staff at our key clients.
- Managed projects or single workstreams within complex change projects in the government or healthcare/pharmaceuticals sector
- Consulting /professional services experience
- Finance transformation experience such as target operating model, shared services, outsourcing, system change or RPA
- Ability in stakeholder management and relationship building;
- Previous experience in Finance departments or consulting to them;
- Good understanding and knowledge of the Finance function, it's process and the key issues and challenges;
- Education to degree level plus either formal accounting qualification or equivalent understanding of accounting principles.
- An understanding of Finance technology such as EPM, ERP and PB&F;
- Supported the development of solutions to Finance function challenges;
- Previous experience in a management or a senior role gained from within a Finance department;
- Used a Lean approach to process / cost optimisation.
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.