Registered Manager for Domiciliary Care Business Who Are Disrupting th
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by LIFTED CARE
We are on a mission to re-imagine home care. We want the people who work with us to share our passion to do something better in the home care sector. Lifted launched in 2018 and is now fully regulated by the CQC. We provide unrivaled high-quality care connecting those who need care and companionship with the best care professionals, helping older adults continue to live well at home as they age. We provide our clients the best care from the comfort of their home. Our best-in-class carers and technology-driven services are designed to give people's loved ones the care they deserve. Thanks to an unwavering commitment to the highest care standards, our staff, expertise, and practices are truly unmatched.
You will have a defining role in Lifted as we grow our service. You will support our relationship with the CQC, and implement policies and procedures associated with CQC compliance as we strive for an outstanding rating. You will be responsible for the competent running of our care service, running operations, alongside leading the team and growing the branch. You will need a proven track record within domiciliary care at management level.
- Ensure the service adheres to CQC standards at all time
- Take accountability for branch and carer compliance ensuring CQC regulations, company policies and practice are maintained and promote our aims and values
- Lead the recruitment, appointment, and deployment of all staff and work towards a high retention ratio.
- Train and mentor new staff
- Effectively manage complaints and incidents
- Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to make improvements
- Develop and manage relationships with clients, local authority, customers and their families
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a management role within homecare
- NVQ/QCF level 5 in Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification
- Proven track record with CQC registration, regulations and compliance
- Hands-on operational and day-to-day management skills
- Excellent understanding of the principles of high-quality person-centered care and support and non-discriminatory care practice
- Strong organisational/planning skills
- Very high attention to detail
- A desire to be part of a business that looks to redefine the domiciliary care industry
- Very competitive salary
- Hands-on involvement in expanding a tech-enabled domiciliary care start-up
- Hard working team looking to build something to change care in the UK
- 25 days annual leave
Jump Lane Recruitment Limited