Senior Sourcing Manager
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Click
Senior Sourcing Manager - IT
Senior Sourcing Manager for IT services is required by a market-leading, global financial services organisation.
If you have a track record of success in sourcing IT services and technology and want to join a high-performing team of driven procurement professionals in a senior role then read on
Why should you be interested?
- This business was awarded a Glassdoor Employers Choice award, recognising it as one of the UK's Best Places to Work in 2022.
- You will join a highly supportive team in what is a newly aligned procurement and vendor management function - really exciting times for this department!
- This is a varied role that will see you lead sourcing, management and delivery of new IT services to support the business overall strategic goals
- You will lead initiatives to drive the ongoing evolution of management frameworks, processes and best practice and develop sourcing/procurement strategy
- You will get to lead some substantial and complex sourcing deals end-to-end and negotiate significant contracts - essentially you will make a big impact
This role will suit someone who has operated in a similar IT-focused Senior Sourcing role within a regulated environment, either within insurance, banking, financial services or telecoms. You will need experience in sourcing IT services such as software/SaaS, hardware, outsourcing, consulting, data, voice and services and will have a good understanding of key vendors in those spaces.
You will need to bring a solid track record of leading procurement decisions and identifying opportunities for cost savings including competitive bidding, negotiating, and analysing data and market trends. You will have experience of RFI/RFP, e-auctions and be capable of implementing purchasing projects/contracts. A recognised procurement accreditation would give you an edge and you must be proactive, highly organised, a great communicator and capable of building effective relationships. You will have excellent stakeholder management skills and will be able to analyse and improve practice and processes. An ability to work at pace and to deadlines is also required as are strong teamworking skills.
This company have hybrid working and you will split your time between the home, office, and the organisations offices in Wiltshire or Hampshire (there is a lot of flexibility on this as well as hours).
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.