Senior Java Kafka Software Engineer
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Institution is currently seeking a Senior Java Software Engineer with Kafka experience. Candidate will develop to help build and support our index platform and services. This engineer will be responsible for expanding our global index brand by adding not only functionality but operational solutions to an ever-growing competitive market of indices. Participate in business requirements gatherings, system design, and software architecture. They will be responsible for writing code, creating tests, peer reviews and rotating system support with other members of the team.
- Writing high quality testable code with performance in mind
- Maintaining a highly available system
- Design modern application that are scalable and maintainable
- Distill complex requirements into manageable features/tasks
- Efficiently gather and store information into databases for audit and statistics
- Help refine existing practices and technology to improve our process
- Collaborate across all business lines to provide accurate and efficient time to market
- You will also analyze and recommend technologies and tools to improve efficiency and quality of the development process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 3+ years' experience Java or equivalent demonstrable software engineering experience
- The ability to understand, code and decode index calculations a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a dynamic environment, quickly pick up new skills and adapt to changing business needs.
- Experience in full project life cycle development and the use of JIRA and other collaboration tools.
- Team player with strong communication, collaboration, active listening, and problem-solving skills
- Competent with version control tools
- Experience with Kafka desirable.
- Self-directed, self-motivated.