Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Network Engineer. This engineer will focus on LAN/WAN protocols, Routing, Switching, Cisco Nexus, Firewalls (Riverbed Firewalls), etc.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Knowledge of current LAN and WAN networking standard protocols.
- Expertise in the maintenance techniques required for IP Networks and Cisco hardware and software.
- Expertise utilizing and configuring network monitoring and configuration tools such as Solarwinds NPM/NCM, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Riverbed SCC, Cisco Security Manager, Cisco Firepower Manager, and Cisco ISE Administration.
- Knowledge of and experience with network standards/best practices in the implementation of new locations.
- Expertise with controller based wireless network standards and best practices, and the ability to monitor and troubleshoot these networks.
- Basic Scripting techniques and the ability to automate processes to implement and manage the network environment effectively.
- Experience with support and implementation of SSL and IPsec VPN remote access.
- Expertise with structured wiring, both copper and fiber optic.
- Experience with WAN optimization technologies.
- Understand network security best practices.
- Ability to work effectively with external vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively with telecommunication carriers.
- Experience with network protocol analysis using tools such as wireshark.
- Experience with syslog, netflow, and other tools to monitor network performance.
- Cisco routing, switching, and wireless.
- EIGRP, BGP, BFD, HSRP, VSS, VPC, RSTP
- Cisco IOS, NxOS, RiOS, GETVPN
- Juniper Networks VPN/Firewall
- NetApp storage integration
- Solarwinds/Orion alerting, monitoring, and reporting
- NetScout NGenius Sniffer
- Riverbed WAN acceleration
- Cisco ASA VPN/Firewall via Cisco Security Manager, Cisco Firepower NGFW via Cisco Firepower Management Console.
- Cisco Umbrella
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN, Site to Site VPN
- F5 LTM, GTM, APM, ASM
- Cisco wireless LAN controllers/Access points
- Raritan console Switches
- Cisco Identity Services Engine/802.1x/NAC/TrustSec
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum five years of experience in a similar role is required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science preferred.
- Network and security certifications such as Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Security, and others are a plus.