Security Cleared Management Accountant
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Project People
We are looking for a Management Accountant to work in our reputed IT Client's UK Project and Contract Accounting team.
The role encompasses the following:
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ownership of full project financials including preparation and presentation of month end actuals - providing variance analysis and Flash commentary to Account Project managers.
- Responsibility for all internal and external reporting on actuals, quarterly forecasts and project lifetime views for both T&M and Milestone based projects.
- Scope is across multiple Contracts on the Public Sector Client: 2 contracts. All contracts are sensitive hence requirement for Security Clearance.
- Financial modelling and decision support during commercial negotiations with Account Delivery teams.
- Assisting the project delivery teams to identify and track cost savings and understand variances to the original contracted baseline.
- Working with Base Service Contract Finance leads, to consolidate Project financials into Account Financials.
- Participating in cross functional project groups to help improve the Finance function.
- CIMA/ACCA newly qualified or in the final stages of either qualification.
- Motivated individual with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to communicate effectively with non-finance colleagues.
- Strong Attention to detail whilst managing multiple different projects.
- Strong system skills including Excel.
- IT Services or project accounting experience desirable but not essential.
- Experience of SAP/S4Hana also beneficial.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.