IT Security Operations Manager
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Inspire People
To cure diseases, you need data. Inspire People are partnering with Lifebit, who are on a mission to harness the power of connected data and bring precision medicine to life globally. Trusted by Governments and world-leading pharma institutions, Lifebit are rapidly expanding and have a newly created opportunity for an IT Security Operations Manager with hands-on operational experience in IT security and an interest in expanding their knowledge in Cyber Risk and Audit, to assist the Head of Compliance in the development, growth, and strategic future planning of Lifebit security capabilities. £50k to £65k plus great benefits and the chance to work in diverse teams on life changing technology! Fully remote working available plus hybrid working options in their London site.
Lifebit's technology is unmatched, and momentum is on their side - but they need an exceptionally strong team to help boost Lifebit to incredible new heights.
As the IT Security Operations Manager at Lifebit, you will:
. Providing security guidance in the delivery of technical solutions for current and future business needs
. Having a thorough understanding of cyberattacks, malware, and the behaviour of cybercriminals, with a strong awareness of trends and emerging security threats.
. Being able to identify and evaluate potential risks and vulnerabilities, and develop proactive plans to anticipate issues, and to protect information from threats such as unauthorised access, data theft, and data loss.
. Using reporting, monitoring, testing and analysis tools/software to identify and interpret any unusual or suspicious activity,
. Liaising with stakeholders across the organisation to ensure our Cyber & InfoSec capabilities are articulated and understood.
. Working with internal teams to deliver the associated activities for maintaining ISO27001 certification, including training, sample audits, audit preparation and control monitoring.
The role requirements below are just an indication of what we're looking for - sometimes the perfect candidate is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. If you think that might be your case, please reach out and let us know!
With the ability to work to tight time scales and under pressure, the ideal candidate will be a highly effective communicator, self-driven and analytical individual who has experience in the following:
- Operational Security
- Anti-Malware/Endpoint Detection & Response solutions - experience of good practice anti-malware/EDR policies and alert responses
- Mobile Device Management - experience of security policy for mobile endpoints in MDM including conditional access models.
- Vulnerability Management - interpreting vulnerabilities identified in scans and managing remedial activities.
- Security Monitoring & SIEM technology - supporting the delivery of security logging and monitoring requirements using tooling, leading security use case and incident response designs.
- Penetration Test Scoping - supporting the scoping of penetration tests and ITHC's.
- Cloud Security - experience of security capabilities in platforms like AWS, GGP
- Application Security/OWASP - understanding of OWASP vulnerabilities and good practice for security in applications. Governance, Risk & Compliance
In return you can expect a competitive salary of £50k to £60k plus great benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Monthly team activities
- Conferences, events, and training resources (Data science, AI, cloud, any tech stack, painting, origami, you pick!) - we offer €1,000 a year to each person for personal development)
- An international and diverse team
- Exposure to problems and applications in the cloud, data analysis, ML, life sciences, and big data fields
- Flexible working during summer
If you are an experienced IT Security professional looking to join a diverse team in life changing technologies, then contact Alison Whitehead at Inspire People, or apply today for immediate response.