SRE & DevOps Engineer
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Illuminet Solutions
SRE & DevOps Engineer - Inside IR36 - 6 months - Leeds - hybrid Working
Are you a Site reliability engineer with extensive experience within DevOps?
Would you like to be part of one of the UK's Largest transformation projects?
Can you turn your hand to working on ensuring resilience, observability, and release automation?
Have you worked on building tooling and Complex automation across multiple teams?
Illuminet are currently working with a retail client whose role will entail operational work such as handling escalations, being on-call to respond to production issues, and fixing problems. Secondly your focus will be on automation. The expectation is that this will be done hands on writing code. As an SRE engineer you will be focused on building tooling and automation across the various parts of the E-commerce platform to ensure it maintains its service level objectives.
- Debug production issues across services and technology stack.
- Consult on new cloud patterns; improving system resilience, performance and stability.
- Support Prod deployments, pipeline engineering and maintenance & build failures (squads responsible for releasing their own code/packages)
- Platform Ops - L2 quick fixes (restart env/jobs, check monitoring dashboard, reset access etc)
- Monitoring & Observability - Configure & extend monitoring, egress/ingress data lake (consolidation of Azure Integration Services, 3rd party events), Business Monitoring
- Automation & Self-healing (incl. event based triggers)
- Ensuring consistency of technology usage across a programme, by continuously reviewing existing toolsets and code and suggesting re-use of components.
- Ensuring system SLOs/SLis and performance are monitored and alerted on.
- Software engineering background
- Hands-on experience designing, building, delivering and operating production-grade software at scale
- Experience with troubleshooting distributed systems
- Strong opinions informed by experience of continuous delivery, distributed architectures, testing, everything-as-code, containerisation, orchestration, cloud services and incident response
- Comfortable having in-depth discussions, troubleshooting and debugging systems and reading/writing code
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Experience with enterprise APM monitoring tools
- Working knowledge of system architectures and networking
- Salesforce experience
- Azure cloud experience
- Experience with CI-CD tooling eg code quality, security, accessibility, testing framework integration
- Worked as DevOps/SRE engineer
The role is flexible with working locations, but the successful applicant must be prepared to go to the client's head office 2-3 times a month.