Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
Work for a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK as a Security Engineer.
Your new company
Work for a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. They were recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards recently and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK. They are truly committed to fostering a culture of equality and diversity, where everyone in the firm is respected and recognised on merit for the work that they do.
Your new role
Reporting to the Technical Implementation Manager, you will be responsible for providing excellent IS Security support for the business. You will be working at a technical level across a range of security technologies ensuring that through good communication, effective processes and procedures and excellent documentation we help the business continue with its success.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Tuning preventative and detective security systems in response to emerging threats.
- Scheduling vulnerability scans, interpreting results, undertaking and/or monitoring any remedial actions.
- In co-ordination with an external supplier, investigation of security incidents to determine route cause, ensuring the timely and accurate communication of incidents to relevant teams, and the co-ordination of remediation activities.
- Scheduling penetration tests and take ownership of the resulting remedial actions.
- Escalation point for the Service Desk and Return to Service teams on security issues
- Developing day-to-day operational IT procedures to maintain and improve our security position.
- Performing regular security and configuration checks, and capturing associated metrics.
- Delivering technical projects of work to improve internal systems and processes.
- Research and learn about new technologies and threats to ensure security controls are current and optimal.
- Be responsible for the timely creation and maintenance of quality documentation for both users and IT colleagues.
- Ensure that all queries are dealt with in a professional, timely and appropriate manner.
- Work with the IS Support Manager and other IS Managers to identify trends and proactive improvement opportunities and make IT operations more efficient.
- Keep own skills up to date, developing a depth or breadth of knowledge in an appropriate area through learning and practice.
- Present a pleasant, helpful and professional demeanour when dealing with business and customers
- Hours will be as required to undertake the role, including the scheduling and attendance of works outside normal working hours.
- Carry out ad-hoc site visits to their offices outside Liverpool, as and when required
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong experience in a role such as Security, System or Network Engineer.
- Experience working with
- Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and associated solution stack.
- Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) solutions
- Firewall/Web Content Filtering solutions.
- Federated Identity Solutions for cloud/SaaS applications.
- Web server software such as Microsoft IIS.
- Anti-malware solutions such as Defender ATP.
- A strong working understanding and experience of the following with the following security areas
- Infrastructure Security
- Web Application Security
- Active Directory Security
- Strong individual and team working skills with good self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- A business and customer focus, with constant awareness of trying to match the department's expectation of IS.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of users, suppliers and technical staff in a patient and helpful manner
- Excellent written communication skills; ability to document user guides, write procedures, reports etc.
- Have prior experience working within an IS environment aligned to ITIL principles
What you'll get in return
As well as being immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- 28 days' annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time)
- Agile/working from home including provision of home office equipment*
- Healthcare cover/Medicash
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance 4 x salary
- Interest free travel loan scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including counselling, legal and consumer advice service
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offers & discounts
- Great reward and recognition scheme
- We are open to part time/job share applicants.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.