Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Henley Computer Services
Infrastructure Engineer to be responsible for the performance, security and reliability of the Client's IT Infrastructure and play a key role in the implementation of continuous improvement projects. This role will suit a candidate looking to develop their skills in information security.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- To maintain and support a stable, efficient, and secure IT infrastructure.
- Deployment of IT systems to support business improvement programs and security frameworks.
- Planning and implementing systems which support high availability and disaster recovery capability using Hyper-V virtualization technologies.
- Configuring systems with respect to IT Security standards such as NIST, Cyber Essentials and ISO 27001.
- To provision Windows Server and desktop operating systems to support business critical applications and upgrades.
- Ensuring operating systems are securely configured; software updates and anti-virus are deployed.
- Multi-site systems administration and project implementation.
- Some out of hours' support, administration and project work where required.
- To carefully plan the implementation of disruptive tasks through risk assessments, communication and change management.
- Microsoft Certification such as MCSE/MCSA/MCP
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Applicants should have demonstrable experience in a large to medium-sized business securing, managing, and supporting an enterprise IT Infrastructure.
They should have experience in managing and supporting the following:-
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows suite technologies Server configuration, upgrades, and patching.
- Strong experience of Microsoft Suite technologies Microsoft Server 2012 - 2019, Microsoft Hyper-V, SCVMM and VMWare.
- Good understanding of office O365 platform (Exchange online, Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive).
- Strong Windows Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Group Policy, OU, DHCP and DNS experience.
- Experience of deploying HP Servers and NetApp storage management
- Experience of working to industry best practice for IT security such as ISO 27001
- Ability to work well under pressure, self-motivated and eager to implement changes.
- Windows Desktop Operating System knowledge and experience.
- Experience of implementing system monitoring solutions
- Experienced with Veeam backup solutions for file systems, databases, and operating systems.
- Act as an infrastructure project resource and be an active part of a project team owning assigned tasks and reporting back to project manager as required.