Senior Technical Consultant - ITSM - ServiceNow
Posted on Sep 22, 2022 by Global Technology Solutions Ltd
We have an exciting new role for an experienced Senior Technical Consultant, to join an ITSM provider specialising in ServiceNow. Applicants can be based anywhere in the UK as role is home based
The primary role of the Senior Technical Consultant is to work closely with Customers to understand and translate their business and technical requirements, propose solutions to business problems and lead the technical delivery of the chosen solution.
If you have a strong and proven background in Service Management technical delivery in ServiceNow and one or more of the following areas we want to hear from you:
* ITSM, ITIL, ITAM, CMDB/uCMDB
As a Senior Technical Consultant you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
* Preparing and running functional design workshops including the creation of design specifications based on out-of-the-box functionality and customer requirements
* Full customer engagement around the technical solution including challenging and validating the customer requirements with regards to "needs" versus "wants". Working with the Client this requires thought leadership in transforming "solutionised" requirements to true business outcomes
* Providing creative solutions to resolve business problems via customer requirements based on the technology (ServiceNow, HP, etc), process gaps (ITSM/ITIL) and cultural challenges (people)
* Working with the Pre-Sales and Technical Architecture functions to support, validate and help deliver client presentations, workshops and responses to technical and business enquiries
To be successful in the Senior Technical Consultant role you must have:
* Hands-on design, development and deployment experience with the platform for 12 - 18months + (and/or similar ITSM toolsets for 3+ years)
* Experience in providing creative solutions to business problems and working with IT Service Management (ITIL) processes, metrics and key performance indicators
* Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL and other such technologies
* ITIL V2 or V3 Foundations Certification
* Has proven leadership experience in managing small teams and projects
* Ability to produce documentation on various levels including technical and customer facing
* Proven team player and team builder
* Educated to Degree Level
* Be prepared to travel
This role covers the UK and Europe and therefore you must be prepare to travel for work and be flexible around short notice. Due to the wide area coverage, most UK locations are acceptable as a base.
If you have the outlined skill and experience and you are looking for you next exciting challenge, please apply now!
"In applying for this position, you consent to your personal data being shared with the specified employer and for your details to remain with GTS for as long as is necessary to process your application. See our Privacy Notice for full information
Global Technology Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.